XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG g2 d802 Serial number gone

Tip us?

primary_lotus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] LG g2 d802 Serial number gone

Hi, i brought a used LG G2 with USB cable, earphones and charger but nothing else, no box or anything... rooted the phone today and saw a new update available to download but for some stupid reason i cant update the phone on my Computer, tried on my phone and it said "your phone is not registered yet" so i went to the LG website to register the phone but couldnt fill in the serial number part since i dont know where the hell is it, since i dont have the box of the phone and theres nothing on the back just next to the LG logo i couldnt registered the phone and now im actually worried since not having the serial number might be really bad i guess, and the worst part is that i cant get in touch with the guy who sold it to me.

My question is, is it rly bad not having the serial number ? is there a way i can get it back somehow ? can i update the phone anyway without having to flash or somthing "dont have much knowledge on that"?

Thx in advance.

mooserov
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by primary_lotus View Post
Hi, i brought a used LG G2 with USB cable, earphones and charger but nothing else, no box or anything... rooted the phone today and saw a new update available to download but for some stupid reason i cant update the phone on my Computer, tried on my phone and it said "your phone is not registered yet" so i went to the LG website to register the phone but couldnt fill in the serial number part since i dont know where the hell is it, since i dont have the box of the phone and theres nothing on the back just next to the LG logo i couldnt registered the phone and now im actually worried since not having the serial number might be really bad i guess, and the worst part is that i cant get in touch with the guy who sold it to me.

My question is, is it rly bad not having the serial number ? is there a way i can get it back somehow ? can i update the phone anyway without having to flash or somthing "dont have much knowledge on that"?

Thx in advance.
you should have the imei number on a white sticker on the back of the phone. that will be as good as a serial number to your carrier.

primary_lotus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thats the problem, i dont have that sticker.... the previous owner mustīve taken it out or somthing but i can check my imei anytime, i just cant see where is the serial number.

theDroidfanatic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5698
Quote:
thats the problem, i dont have that sticker.... the previous owner mustīve taken it out or somthing but i can check my imei anytime, i just cant see where is the serial number.
Go to settings, about phone, and somewhere there you will find your IMEI, write it down somewhere and then try?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

One X Developer
Blade | Blade ExTrimmed

Experienced Beta Tester (PM me), Currently for:
CM10 "SE" version - Seadersn & Rawdealer

Check out my homescreens on MyColorScreen
Follow me on Twitter @theDroidfanatic
The Following User Says Thank You to theDroidfanatic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

primary_lotus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thx anyway but it doesnt work, just because imei is and serial number are 2 completely diferent thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to primary_lotus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eyeisdasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 189
If you take the back cover off of the device. There should be a sticker inside with the serial number on it.

Also if you take the last number off the imei that should work.

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If I have helped you in any way, click thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeisdasteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

primary_lotus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
hey, took the back cover off but cant find it, maybe its under the battery but i wont touch there or i might do somthing that ill regret later, tried to put 1 less imei number on serial thingy but its not working aswell.
thx anyway for reply
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to primary_lotus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

primary_lotus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
hey, after some tought i decided to put CM11 on this phone since i couldnt update it anyway, now... when i go to settings/about phone/status i can see my serial number there.
Is it my real serial number ? or just some serial number from the rom itself? sry i dont have much knowledge on this stuff.

eyeisdasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
hey, after some tought i decided to put CM11 on this phone since i couldnt update it anyway, now... when i go to settings/about phone/status i can see my serial number there.
Is it my real serial number ? or just some serial number from the rom itself? sry i dont have much knowledge on this stuff.
Should be the real serial number.

Sorry the other stuff didnt work.

But that should be it!

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If I have helped you in any way, click thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeisdasteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OrionBG
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Hi
Have you found a way to fix the "Your phone is not registered yet" problem?
Nokia Lumia 1520 32GB
History: Nokia 5110, Ericsson R320, Xda IIs, HTC Universal, Nokia E90, HTC HD, HTC Magic, HTC HD2, HTC Desire HD, SonyEricsson Xperia X10, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, LG G2