International I9505 Rom working on T-Mobile S4 M919!!

23rd May 2013, 05:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

392 posts
More
So I went ahead and flashed the i9505 Wanam Rom from here and it works great on my M919. The rom doesn't have a modem so I figured it would be safe and sure enough it was. Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283194

No wipe is required either. I simply flashed it using CWM and I now have a GT-I9505 model with all T-Mo bloatware gone! I really like the blue dialer on this too!

You will get reboot notifications, to remove that simply download "Bloatware Freezer" from Playstore and freeze the app called SEAndroid. That should take care of it.
Last edited by JoJo2211; 26th May 2013 at 06:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJo2211 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2013, 06:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

432 posts
More
Oh man... Fully functional though? I'd imagine Wifi Calling would be a goner, not that I ever use it anyway...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
23rd May 2013, 07:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag under a doxie
Thanks Meter: 198

557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakraider

Oh man... Fully functional though? I'd imagine Wifi Calling would be a goner, not that I ever use it anyway...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

No Tmo features...obviously.

Yes, a lot of people don't realize their options for goodies go beyond just the specific m919 forum. Check out the general international S4 I9505 forums. It's were I spend most my time.

Development is lagging for the m919 variant. There are only a few ROMs & choices, with slow updates.... and plenty of time has passed since release, so I'm not sure how much better it will get. It's the one negative part about Sammy devices....fragmentation of the same model. It would be nice to see a majority of elite Devs working on the same model....like the One.

MANY of the mods/themes/ROMs etc...work great with our device. The radio is the only difference between various 9505 models.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoggles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dallas, Tx
Thanks Meter: 465

1,927 posts
More
Awesome. But who puts a modem in custom roms now days? Lol Now that I can see that this phone is actually the same hardware as the international we can have roms from there too..... In this case if a leak of a newer android update comes out we can have it port over. And not wait for tmobile,,,

If that the case than AT&T, VERIZON, AND SPRINT can be ported all like on the s3 but the fun part is the even international too
23rd May 2013, 03:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

174 posts
I hope this all works so far I'm very happy with wicked but more options are never a bad thing

Sent from my SGH-M919
23rd May 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York, New York
Thanks Meter: 26

90 posts
More
Wow I had no idea I could use i9505 roms. I thought i may be able to but wasn't sure. Awesome.
23rd May 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

392 posts
More
Working great so far. Only problem I noticed so far was constant notification from SEAndroid. I simply freezed it using bloatware freezer from Playstore.
23rd May 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Themer
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,606

4,187 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggles

No Tmo features...obviously.

Yes, a lot of people don't realize their options for goodies go beyond just the specific m919 forum. Check out the general international S4 I9505 forums. It's were I spend most my time.

Development is lagging for the m919 variant. There are only a few ROMs & choices, with slow updates.... and plenty of time has passed since release, so I'm not sure how much better it will get. It's the one negative part about Sammy devices....fragmentation of the same model. It would be nice to see a majority of elite Devs working on the same model....like the One.

MANY of the mods/themes/ROMs etc...work great with our device. The radio is the only difference between various 9505 models.

Cheers!

lol give us more time, mate. would you rather we release untested ROMs? i'm sure there are a number of us floating around here that have a ROM we can put out right this second but it is good practice to test first and ensure there are no issues. this can take a little bit. i myself am in testing phase. maybe the phone has been out a while, but i personally have only had one for 2 and a half weeks. a lot of stuff in the other sections will be ported over. i have to get a good working and stable base out first before i start adding in more tweaks that will seemingly overwhelm most typical users.

also, please be weary of flashing an entire ROM from i9505 section. if there are CSC bits contained within it, you won't have a signal like you're supposed to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #9  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 540

3,058 posts
More
Totally agree with the previous poster. These things take time to make.

With that said this is good news. Hopefully, we can get a dev to port these over with TMO features & Csc files.

I know AT&T GN2 had an awesome dev that ported Int GN2 over with options for TMO, AT&T & Canadian carriers.

-Sent from my TMO Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
24th May 2013, 04:16 PM   |  #10  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 85

801 posts
Donate to Me
More
so we could flash any rom from international version?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread