Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Music playback issue

OP karehaqt

10th March 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
Anyone have an issue where songs just randomly jump whilst playing? It doesnt matter which codec or player I use, songs will just jump or skip whilst playing. However playing the same tracks on my iPod Touch 4G results in no problems. Is this just a thing with Android in general and is there something I can do to fix it?
11th March 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 131

844 posts
I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?
11th March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo

I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?

My headphones are wired and music is on the internal memory. What's weird is that the only player I've found that seems to work properly is MX Player switched to allow music and hardware decoding enabled. Problem though is that it doesn't support gapless playback which I need.
11th March 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to karehaqt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #5  

844 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karehaqt

Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.

Perhaps there's a problem with the way the kernel switches between the companion core and the four main cores. Perhaps periodically when playing music and doing other background tasks the fifth core isn't enough, or the frequency of it isn't ramped up quickly enough. Sounds like Nvidia boobed up
15th March 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #6  
Santa Ana
Thanks Meter: 40

152 posts
More
Does anyone else get music lag when playing music with Google Play Music or others? Its very annoying and it doesn't happen when I'm using earphone's or headphone's.
16th March 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #7  

844 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perez6991

Does anyone else get music lag when playing music with Google Play Music or others? Its very annoying and it doesn't happen when I'm using earphone's or headphone's.

Yes, though I'm usually listening via stereo Bluetooth.
12th October 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karehaqt

brilliant. since I am rooted, as well, I gave this idea a go and it worked, perfectly. I'll see if it holds up over the next week or so, but so far, it's completely eliminated the audio problem I was having in Google Play Music. Cheers!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread