FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Worth buying today?

7,626 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,552

By olyloh6696, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 21st June 2014, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just went out to Currys to try and pick one up instore however it was out of stock. Also out of stock on the online website.

However, its still available on their eBay outlet store for the same price. (£99)

Is this still worth picking up then? Are the going to be discontinuing this model? Are the eBay ones their surplus stock their trying to get rid off?

Do you think the price will drop any further?

Thanks!

22nd June 2014, 10:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 506

Donate to Me
More
Very much doubt the price will drop any further. The £99 price tag is to get rid of surplus stock. I got mine at this price as well.
22nd June 2014, 11:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Thanks for that!

So you reckon its still with a pop? Not much else better I can get for £99 can I?
23rd June 2014, 12:14 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Performance Per Buck (PPB also know and Bang for Buck BFB) is that good that its not just worth getting its worth ripping it out their hands. I have had one which was faulty but the second one is perfect! just make sure you get the Magnetic cover as well!!!!

For a tablet that can keep up with the modern phones its smashing mate.
23rd June 2014, 01:14 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Yes I managed to play with one in store and it handled everything I threw at it with ease. I was just a bit concerned that it isn't really as popular as other tablets despite the low price.

I was deciding between this and the Nexus 7 2013, but I'd probably not go for the latter as the chip is ancient in tech world now and Nexus 8 is announced this week...?

Thanks all the same for the help, was just really what I was looking for, a confirmation I am doing the right thing.

I guess I'll place my order in the morning.

Cheers!
23rd June 2014, 01:25 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
This tablet crushes the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 in benches. A tablet that is not popular is not always a bad sign.

But there is also the down side of the company that has its branding on the Nvidia Tegra Note 7 (tegratab) in our case in the UK its Advent as they have bad rep in the computer side of things how ever with the TegraNote 7 the only thing Advent did was Brand the Device the sold making was down to Nvidia!! hence why Nvidia supplies the OTA's and the EVGA GiGabyte etc are all the same. The only major difference is the partition called LBH which holds the bootanimiation with the company whitelable.
23rd June 2014, 07:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got mine from here, mint, saved £20 for a sd card and case

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADVENT-VEG...item2c847aef9f
23rd June 2014, 10:43 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Just placed an order for one...

Quick question, does this come with a screen protector already pre-installed?

And any cade recommendations?
25th June 2014, 10:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cracking tablet. I have a nexus 2012 and I have to be honest the performance of the tegra note is just a joy. Love the official case as well. Worth every penny. In fact I am giving my niece my nexus!

Sent from my SM-C101 using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 11:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

More
Thanks for all the feedback! Typing on this beast now, I've set it all up and it has really impressed me. Unfortunately the official case is not available anywhere at all!

Android L. Hope it can still come to this device officially.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 09:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and haven't regretted it one bit. For £99 delivered to your door it provides one heck of a bang for the cost. I'm still looking for a decent case in the UK for it, though.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)