Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HP slate 7 Extreme root tutorial plz!

Tip us?

Sazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HP slate 7 Extreme root tutorial plz!

Hey, I just bought a Hp slate 7 extreme and love it but i want to root my tablet. It was rooted using Vroot when my tab is 4.2.2. Now problem is someone or something has triggered the update to 4.3 and now i lost the root access. Tried using Vroot, onesuperclick and even the supertool by Tom but to no avail. There also towelroot but it make my tablet hanged and if i force close, it restarts the tab.

Also heard so much bad thing about 4.4.2 so i rather not up my os. Plz help me in my situation. I have check other threads and couldn't find a solution for this (at least for 4.3) would love a youtube video tutorial.

thank you

hacktrix2006
Old
Thanks Meter 389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz View Post
Hey, I just bought a Hp slate 7 extreme and love it but i want to root my tablet. It was rooted using Vroot when my tab is 4.2.2. Now problem is someone or something has triggered the update to 4.3 and now i lost the root access. Tried using Vroot, onesuperclick and even the supertool by Tom but to no avail. There also towelroot but it make my tablet hanged and if i force close, it restarts the tab.

Also heard so much bad thing about 4.4.2 so i rather not up my os. Plz help me in my situation. I have check other threads and couldn't find a solution for this (at least for 4.3) would love a youtube video tutorial.

thank you
For starters this is the wrong Forum Thead to post in, it should be in the Q&A Forum.

Second you didn't use search as if you got here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541784 it will tell you with clear instructions on how to root the TegraTab.

Please insure that your threads are in the right place. I mean no disrespect but XDA have rules for a reason.
Retired Mobile: HTC Wildfire (Buzz) Hboot: 1.02.000 (Superversion)
SecureFlag: On (Was Off'd with XTC Clip)
Rom: None Blanked for Testing Roms!!!!!!!!!
CWM: 5.0.2.8

Boot Manager: Full Version Paid and Worth It!

New Mobile: HTC Desire HD
SecureFlag: Off Via XTC Clip (I love my clip its so nice!)
Rom: Pacman Rom
Recovery: 4EXT

New Device:

Advent Nvidia Note 7 Tegra 4
Rom: 4.4.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.6
Bootloader: Unlocked

Sazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ahh my bad, I'll try and be more careful. Now, I have read that link there already and it doesn't work. Also now my situation has worsen in that it got updated to 4.4.2.......I still tried all other methods, Vroot, towelroot, supertool etc . Tried to do the manual fastboot also doesn't work, impact or see no device so stuck over there. Has anyone found a way to root?

ToJa92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If Impactor does not find your device fastboot mode, try another USB port. If that doesn't work, try another computer if possible.
Also, make sure that you are running Impactor as administrator by right-clicking the application and pressing "Run as administrator".
Apple iPhone 4S (64GB, black, iOS 7.1) ■ EVGA Tegra Note 7 ■ Apple MacBook Pro Retina (128GB, i5, 4GB RAM, late 2013)

Shaky156
Old
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Edit: this is a different device

Sazz
Old
(Last edited by Sazz; 5th July 2014 at 08:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did try other computers and still no avail, even with admin access. Also HP slate 7 extreme is basically a Tegra note 7 not different device. Just few minor changes. If only the fastboot work, i probably be rooted by now. Is there a way to back 4.2.2? like put the recovery 4.2.2 in sd and recover from the loader? would it brick my device? Also i found out about towelroot modstring, is there a specific modstring for hp 7 extreme? would like to try it.

thank you

Shaky156
Old
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I did try other computers and still no avail, even with admin access. Also HP slate 7 extreme is basically a Tegra note 7 not different device. Just few minor changes. If only the fastboot work, i probably be rooted by now. Is there a way to back 4.2.2? like put the recovery 4.2.2 in sd and recover from the loader? would it brick my device? Also i found out about towelroot modstring, is there a specific modstring for hp 7 extreme? would like to try it.

thank you
In this case unlock bootloader
Flash TWRP and check if it works, if so flash supersu

Sazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey shaky, thank you for replying. he boot loader is still lock. When device off , I press power n vol up to get into this menu which has fastboot protocol, selected it but nothing happens, then check for driver in impactor, no device detected. So can't use Tom's supertool to unlock bootloader. Also did the command prompt, say fastboot not recognize internal or external etc....

There also a recovery kernel, which leads to a recovery menu that can open zip files, think I can do just flash twrp ?

Thanks

ToJa92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Hey shaky, thank you for replying. he boot loader is still lock. When device off , I press power n vol up to get into this menu which has fastboot protocol, selected it but nothing happens, then check for driver in impactor, no device detected. So can't use Tom's supertool to unlock bootloader. Also did the command prompt, say fastboot not recognize internal or external etc....

There also a recovery kernel, which leads to a recovery menu that can open zip files, think I can do just flash twrp ?

Thanks
Install the drivers when the menu shows up, don't select anything at all.
Apple iPhone 4S (64GB, black, iOS 7.1) ■ EVGA Tegra Note 7 ■ Apple MacBook Pro Retina (128GB, i5, 4GB RAM, late 2013)

Shaky156
Old
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks
Install fastboot drivers then go to your boot loader menu and type
Fastboot flash recovery twrplocation.IMG, this will flash twrp then boot into twrp (recoverykernel) install SuperSU