Watch This Now!

[Q] Is there a proper Answering Machine app for Android?

1,460 posts
Thanks Meter: 285
By Jibreil, Senior Member on 3rd December 2010, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've searched on Goolge, XDA and many other android forums but fail to find a proper Answering Machine app for Android. By Answering Machine I mean the app that acts like a voicemail residing on the phone - I can see many so called Answering Machine apps which auto-respond to calls via predefined SMS <- this is NOT what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help in advance.
3rd December 2010, 09:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17
Visual Voicemail?
3rd December 2010, 10:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7
Yes. Google Voice.
3rd December 2010, 12:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 285
Donate to Me
Google Voice has not started in India. I need an offline - standalone app which is not affiliated with any online service.
4th December 2010, 06:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2
i don't think there is one mate..... the old symbian Nokias did...

that was because they were able to send sound directly to the caller ... i dunno if its a hardware limitation ... i really hope someone can figure that out...

i remember used to be able to play songs straight to my conversation so they can feel the base and treble more clearly...i miss that function...also the app with background noises to fake ur surrounding.....

i wonder if N8 can do this...?

***EDIT**** oops i realize u meant online service... nevamind... hehe ignore my RANT
4th December 2010, 04:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 37
Answering machine app? Isn't it just the voicemail itself with pre-recorded greeting message?

Or visual voicemail like someone mentioned before.

Edit: I see you need an offline service. The ones I know all all either bound by carrier or need internet.
3rd June 2011, 09:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0
Calling developers
When I had a symbian phone, things were so easy. I used IVCM (interactive voice call master) to handle incoming calls.
This app is near to perfection, it can distinguish callers (in address book, in some whitelist, in a blacklist, unknown callers and, last but not least, private numbers)
For any of those you can define a suitable treatment, invoke the answering machine after xx seconds, play a notification then hang up, forward the call to another number, play the busy tone, and more options.
Furthermore you can schedule the behaviour, so the phone switches to answering machine at once during the night, let only friends reach you in the evening etc...
Outgoing messages can be personalised by address group, country (=different language!), friends, private number callers etc..
It can also record a call (incoming, outgoing or both) without beeps.
This is a call to the Android developer community. Please build us an app with a similar usability, picking things up where IVCM stopped.
I will be your first customer and prepared to pay well for it!
5th June 2011, 04:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 18
Have you tried youmail from android market?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
14th August 2011, 12:09 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0
cannot work due to technical reasons
yep, I had the same kind of soft on my symbian, it was called Advanced Call Manager (ACM). The same soft exists for Android, so I tried it, but no answering machine on the Android version. I asked the developer team, and they told me it's not possible on Android.

this is confirmed by several posts[/url]

it's the only feature I miss since I switched over from my symbian phone
14th August 2011, 02:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 82
youmail? the would be something to post in the android section of xda not the vibrant section. Also since you are looking for India specific stuff it would get a wider audience of people around the world
16th December 2011, 07:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6
Hi there
I was looking for the same, and found a old solution.
The Name is airvoice, but works only on rootet Phone and only on the old Android Hero mobile.
I asked the developer to continue his great work. He seems to be dissapointet, that so many people votet his app so bad in the market.

So if you guys also try to contact the developer (through the contact inf's on the Market) maybe he will continue?

Greetings to you all!

See here:
Last edited by ivifly; 16th December 2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: add Link

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

answering machine, market, voicemail

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread