Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

International I9505 Rom working on T-Mobile S4 M919!!

Tip us?

JoJo2211
Old
(Last edited by JoJo2211; 26th May 2013 at 06:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default International I9505 Rom working on T-Mobile S4 M919!!

So I went ahead and flashed the i9505 Wanam Rom from here and it works great on my M919. The rom doesn't have a modem so I figured it would be safe and sure enough it was. Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283194

No wipe is required either. I simply flashed it using CWM and I now have a GT-I9505 model with all T-Mo bloatware gone! I really like the blue dialer on this too!

You will get reboot notifications, to remove that simply download "Bloatware Freezer" from Playstore and freeze the app called SEAndroid. That should take care of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoJo2211 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pakraider
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Oh man... Fully functional though? I'd imagine Wifi Calling would be a goner, not that I ever use it anyway...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Hoggles
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakraider View Post
Oh man... Fully functional though? I'd imagine Wifi Calling would be a goner, not that I ever use it anyway...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
No Tmo features...obviously.

Yes, a lot of people don't realize their options for goodies go beyond just the specific m919 forum. Check out the general international S4 I9505 forums. It's were I spend most my time.

Development is lagging for the m919 variant. There are only a few ROMs & choices, with slow updates.... and plenty of time has passed since release, so I'm not sure how much better it will get. It's the one negative part about Sammy devices....fragmentation of the same model. It would be nice to see a majority of elite Devs working on the same model....like the One.

MANY of the mods/themes/ROMs etc...work great with our device. The radio is the only difference between various 9505 models.

Cheers!
Mini Doxie FTW!

When all choices seem wrong, choose restraint ~ Yoda
SGS4 M919
GE 32.1 / 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoggles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 463
Awesome. But who puts a modem in custom roms now days? Lol Now that I can see that this phone is actually the same hardware as the international we can have roms from there too..... In this case if a leak of a newer android update comes out we can have it port over. And not wait for tmobile,,,

If that the case than AT&T, VERIZON, AND SPRINT can be ported all like on the s3 but the fun part is the even international too
IF I HELP YOU AND IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
<===============

aLdaRiS
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I hope this all works so far I'm very happy with wicked but more options are never a bad thing

Sent from my SGH-M919

takethebox
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Wow I had no idea I could use i9505 roms. I thought i may be able to but wasn't sure. Awesome.

JoJo2211
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Working great so far. Only problem I noticed so far was constant notification from SEAndroid. I simply freezed it using bloatware freezer from Playstore.

mrvirginia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,601

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggles View Post
No Tmo features...obviously.

Yes, a lot of people don't realize their options for goodies go beyond just the specific m919 forum. Check out the general international S4 I9505 forums. It's were I spend most my time.

Development is lagging for the m919 variant. There are only a few ROMs & choices, with slow updates.... and plenty of time has passed since release, so I'm not sure how much better it will get. It's the one negative part about Sammy devices....fragmentation of the same model. It would be nice to see a majority of elite Devs working on the same model....like the One.

MANY of the mods/themes/ROMs etc...work great with our device. The radio is the only difference between various 9505 models.

Cheers!
lol give us more time, mate. would you rather we release untested ROMs? i'm sure there are a number of us floating around here that have a ROM we can put out right this second but it is good practice to test first and ensure there are no issues. this can take a little bit. i myself am in testing phase. maybe the phone has been out a while, but i personally have only had one for 2 and a half weeks. a lot of stuff in the other sections will be ported over. i have to get a good working and stable base out first before i start adding in more tweaks that will seemingly overwhelm most typical users.

also, please be weary of flashing an entire ROM from i9505 section. if there are CSC bits contained within it, you won't have a signal like you're supposed to.
Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 running VirginROM / Apollyon
MotoX XT1053 running personal dev build
Kahvitahra's mods || SGS2 GingerWay_BlueOcean Theme || GNex battery mod thread || S3 Virgin Theme

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrvirginia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RMXO
Old
Thanks Meter 536
Totally agree with the previous poster. These things take time to make.

With that said this is good news. Hopefully, we can get a dev to port these over with TMO features & Csc files.

I know AT&T GN2 had an awesome dev that ported Int GN2 over with options for TMO, AT&T & Canadian carriers.

-Sent from my TMO Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
TMO LG G3
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

chiensibut
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
so we could flash any rom from international version?