Battery life. ALL tips!

Search This thread

Mattecko99

Feb 17, 2014
Pullman
plus.google.com
So I am only averaging around 3 hrs of screen on time. I have lux and greenify always active. 4G and wifi on every 15 minutes and have Knock-on turned to off and I still see people getting 5hrs and even some more. What kind of tips do you have?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

accordex

Mar 1, 2009
Kent
Faulty phone, or some weird app issue, i would factory reset and play around without installing anything. If you still get those numbers, get a new one.
This is the only phone I've ever owned that easily lasts all weekend.
Im at 15 hrs with 2hrs screen and 46 percent left. I drive all day and play music via Bluetooth and it was sunny today so screen was at 80 brighteness.
Get a wakelock app and see if something is draining your battery

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

ArcaneDroid

Jan 25, 2012
For some really really weird reason, I get better battery life when everything is enabled. I'm stock not rooted with EVERYTHING enabled, and I mean all the at&t bloat + LG bloat. I even have knock on enabled lol

Right now I have 14h30m of usage and 4h of screen on time, and I still have 40% left. Also I've only been on WiFi for about 2 hours today, the rest is all 4G

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: acolyte192
P

podagee

I would recommend leaving data off cause i had mine on all day and at 38% with 9hours on batteryv3 hours screen on time. Data seems to be sucking the life outta my phone. Oh well.

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
Screen time is not absolute. Playing games for 3h or watching movies for 3h is comparable to reading a book for 10h, because of a thing called GRAM. Don't let those stats fool you.

Reactions: Life Engineer

ArcaneDroid

Jan 25, 2012
Dang maybe you should try enabling everything just for the fun of it lol and I mean absolutely nothing disabled!

ArcaneDroid

Jan 25, 2012
Yea for some reason I get a ton of wakelocks if I try to optimize or disable anything

damtuan91091

Apr 15, 2013
Biên Hòa
My Experience:
1. Greenify
2. Clear RAM (Widget LG)
3. Use Wifi, limiting open 4G data
4. Screen Brightness 50%
But these things only improve a small part. Encourage use a ROM MOD :good:

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
I'm running cm 10.2 and got 4 hours screen on, 9 1/2 hours up with wifi on all day, got home with 49% battery left. I use greenify and wakelock detector. Maybe run a custom ROM. I prob couldve got 5 maybe 6 hours screen on.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Snazarian

Jun 5, 2008
There are alot of apps that are constantly pinging the network that could be causing the extra battery draw
I.E Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, dating apps, Hangouts, Skype, Drive, Box, Dropbox and any other messaging apps that go outside of basic text messaging through the carrier

Edit: Or Tapatalk...i just noticed your using that. Gonna check in every so often for new messages.......I bet you just have a TON of apps running in the background....

Last edited:

Snazarian

Jun 5, 2008
Oh, and for the Sprint variant, i disabled/froze some LG apps, Sprint apps, and 'VuTalk". Boosted my battery life like crazy....

OhioDroid80

Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield Township
As long as you have a constant cell signal I think the battery life is great. With my T-Mobile version I don't get nearly as good signal on the days that I work because the phone is using Wifi Calling for the cellular signal. On weekends when I have full strength signal I easily get the high screen on times.

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Auto brightness, change your mobile network to 2G when you're not using data, go to settings > WiFi > advanced and make the WiFi always on *only when it's plugged in* and turn the always scanning option off, go to your Google account in the settings and turn off sync for anything that doesn't need to sync, make sure NFC is disabled, increase the refresh time on any of your social apps, and enjoy your battery.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ice2G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some really really weird reason, I get better battery life when everything is enabled. I'm stock not rooted with EVERYTHING enabled, and I mean all the at&t bloat + LG bloat. I even have knock on enabled lol

Right now I have 14h30m of usage and 4h of screen on time, and I still have 40% left. Also I've only been on WiFi for about 2 hours today, the rest is all 4G

Screen time is not absolute. Playing games for 3h or watching movies for 3h is comparable to reading a book for 10h, because of a thing called GRAM. Don't let those stats fool you.
    Auto brightness, change your mobile network to 2G when you're not using data, go to settings > WiFi > advanced and make the WiFi always on *only when it's plugged in* and turn the always scanning option off, go to your Google account in the settings and turn off sync for anything that doesn't need to sync, make sure NFC is disabled, increase the refresh time on any of your social apps, and enjoy your battery.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
    Turn off location services. But if you really need it, at least turn off Location Reporting / History in Google Settings, that greatly reduced my NLPWakelock which increased my battery life a lot. Of course you won't really be able to use Google Now, but no big loss IMHO
    Charge half an hour past 100% does miracles.
    Dont charge via different charger then stock, no usb charging, it destroys battery life for couple of cycles

1+.

Always charge with the stock voltage that LG recommends. When you charge make sure you battery is at least less than 40% discharging to increase battery span. Charge where the temperature are not too hot. Better to leave the phone charging while being sleep for it to gain all its juice :). Keep doing this for days and tend to do less hard reboots if not necessary. Your. Battery experience will greatly get better and this is just the physical aspect of making the battery better. The rest have to do with kernels (compatible Kernel that goes with your rom) ; proper cpu throttling, knowing what's unnecessarily waking your phone and watch out for cpu voltages. Also make sure your governor is working correctly and not sticking cpu state to the max. And minor things here and there like Google location, auto sync, brightness, touch feedback etcccccccccc.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk