XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro

Hello, how is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro? Is Handcom better in all aspects?

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 81
HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

The Following User Says Thank You to Duly.noted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rueben68
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

Totally agree HANCOM is as close to Microsoft Office as it gets. IT IS GREAT!

ad78
Old
Thanks Meter 45
i purchased the 7 pro probably like over a year. but now when i bought the pro 12.2 i didnt bother to install it because the HANCOM is freaking awesome! this is the reason why i returned the surface pro 2!

flipper2006
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Hancom is better. Comparing it directly with Microsoft Office 2013 on a Touch screen laptop. This one is better.
Phones ->Treo's - >Blackberry 8900 ->Blackberry 9700 ->HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Samsung Galaxy SII
Tablets - Nook Color -> Motorola Xoom -> Acer Iconia -> Nook Tablet (Returned) -> Transformer Prime (Exchanged For Infinity) -> Transformer Infinity (Exchanged For Galaxy Note 10.1)

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006 View Post
Hancom is better. Comparing it directly with Microsoft Office 2013 on a Touch screen laptop. This one is better.
I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

nymviper1126
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.

flipper2006
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymviper1126 View Post
Does anyone know if they will offer on the 10.1 2014? My friend wants the SP2 for PA school because of OneNote, likes the NotePro but 12.2 is to big for her. She would take the 10.1 but Office suite is just garbage.
Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.
Phones ->Treo's - >Blackberry 8900 ->Blackberry 9700 ->HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Samsung Galaxy SII
Tablets - Nook Color -> Motorola Xoom -> Acer Iconia -> Nook Tablet (Returned) -> Transformer Prime (Exchanged For Infinity) -> Transformer Infinity (Exchanged For Galaxy Note 10.1)

nymviper1126
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006 View Post
Evernote is so much better then one note. I used Onenote first and did a lot of stuff and thought this was great, but the first issue was I couldn't sync my one note without using extra software (2 years ago), but then found Evernote and it does everything for free AND with the 12.2 it gives 1 year subscript to premium service. You can share evernote notebooks with different people ect.
She likes to be able to drag and drop out of PPTs and such. Also, cant say anything against installing windows program she may need

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Provided you don't need advanced editing features then yes.

As much as I think Hancom Word is one of the best of its class on Android a full replacement of Microsoft it isn't. One feature that may be critical for those in the market for a "Pro" product is track changes support. I may be wrong, but I can't find it. There's commenting but no track changes options. A simple test that I did was create a document in Word 2007 and saved it into my Dropbox with track changes turned ON. I then loaded that file with Hancom Word, edited and saved it, at which point the file was immediately updated in dropbox. At no time did Hancom Word give any indication of track changes being on, and upon opening the file back up on my workstation the edits were visible with no trace of the changes being tracked. To verify I deleted the edits that were made on the tablet from within Word 2007 on my workstation and immediately the changes were flagged as deleted. Back on the tablet, the markups were invisible BUT the space within which the deleted text should have been was still there (i.e. if I deleted 3 hard lines between two paragraphs there would still be 3 carriage returns visible between those paragraphs in Hancom Word but not visilble in word with review display options set to final).

Lack of track changes is not a deal breaker for me since when I travel I carry my laptop and my tablet and when I'm without my laptop its because I do not intend to do serious editing, but I could see it being an issue for those looking to replace a laptop.

To me if you must have full office compatibility get a surface pro and use office on it. This comes in second, and how close it comes is subjective based upon needs. Unfortunately there's very little information on Hancom's site to sell the product to users on its features so it's difficult for people to decide prior to purchase.