Remote PC

OP phoenixbennu

12th February 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
So, the note pro 12.2 is supposed to have a remote PC access app, and I am curious how it works.
I have a high end gaming laptop, and while I do not anticipate accessing my laptop and playing Battlefield 4 or Arkham Origins on it, I would like to do some RTS like Coassacks or Rise of Nations remotely.
The ability to have real time PC like access to such games is leaning me toward the possibility of buying a Surface Pro 2.
For most everything else I like the Notes. I just miss having the games like I can have on windows.

Has anyone tried out the remote PC access app?
14th February 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 804

4,085 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbennu

So, the note pro 12.2 is supposed to have a remote PC access app, and I am curious how it works.
I have a high end gaming laptop, and while I do not anticipate accessing my laptop and playing Battlefield 4 or Arkham Origins on it, I would like to do some RTS like Coassacks or Rise of Nations remotely.
The ability to have real time PC like access to such games is leaning me toward the possibility of buying a Surface Pro 2.
For most everything else I like the Notes. I just miss having the games like I can have on windows.

Has anyone tried out the remote PC access app?

Yes, I tried it and it works remarkably well. The response is good and you'll be able to do some basic tasks on the PC without any hassle. Didn't try graphic intensive apps like games though.
The Following User Says Thank You to appelflap For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

90 posts
Does RemotePC work over different networks (can I access my home computer from a coffee shop)? And any comment on how RemotePC compares to other Remote Desktop apps (specifically Jump Desktop)?

Also is there any pressure sensitivity support in RemotePC?

Thank you
15th February 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Binghamton
Thanks Meter: 32

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Full screen games will not work. You could try splashtop instead

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to budzylikessoup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,662

2,938 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's OK minor lag to be expected tried photoshop for a laugh works but hard only thing that's a pain is the scroll bar appearing on screen even if zoomed out does not help on windows 8

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2
22nd October 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoteuser2013

Does RemotePC work over different networks (can I access my home computer from a coffee shop)? And any comment on how RemotePC compares to other Remote Desktop apps (specifically Jump Desktop)?

Also is there any pressure sensitivity support in RemotePC?

Thank you

yes you can, if you leave your PC open. TeamViewer is very good also, but dunno witch one is better...
22nd October 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 951

3,852 posts
More
Does nobody know about Splashtop? It actually even has gaming support. I used to play Dragon Age on my TF700T through it. (but I do recall something about a monthly fee.)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread