Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

charger problems

Tip us?

pontypool
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default charger problems

Hi all.. I have a problem with my htc one. Mainly, even while charging, my device is using more power than it is receiving while I am playing a game. I bought an alternative adapter as it had increased ampage .. this one (amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AAIN77A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which i am using to connect with this cable (amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ES5ZSW/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

As I said, not only am I using more power than I get from charging, but a notification on my phone also tells me that I am using a different adapter and I should use the official htc one.
I hope that someone here knows more about this, as I want the best charger I can get, hopefully I can still charge even while using the phone !
I have heard rumours of some kind of device that when plugged in, tells you hot optimal the power is by way of 5 led lights, all 5 being lit indicating the max power, while less than 5 suggest that you need to make changes, such as not putting it into a surge protector etc.... also this plug is modified specifically for better charging off mobiles/tablets. However extensive googling and I don't seem to be able to find this device.

Please help me.

HTC HD 2.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With the original Charger it doesnt work too? Or you do not have a original charger

$!ngh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Same happened with me!!

Same warning pop up in my HTC one too

I used the original data cable which i got with my htc one,used nokia's orignal data cable but it didn't solved the problem then i tried with an LG charger & now the charging speed is better & i am not getting that error anymore!!

P.S - My HTC one id from usa & i am using it in india.!!

pontypool
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by $!ngh View Post
Same warning pop up in my HTC one too

I used the original data cable which i got with my htc one,used nokia's orignal data cable but it didn't solved the problem then i tried with an LG charger & now the charging speed is better & i am not getting that error anymore!!

P.S - My HTC one id from usa & i am using it in india.!!
Which charger do you use? Why would it work, does it have higher ampage?

smartyhou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The amperage (amps) of the charger you use does not matter. Amps tell how much electricity is flowing. After the amps reach a certain limit, the HTC One would automatically prevent itself from receiving any more amps. You could try getting a charger with a higher voltage, BUT this has the potential of damaging the phone. Volts are the pressure/force/strength of the current, something the phone can not regulate. Basically, you can either just wait and let it charge before playing the game, or sacrifice the phone for game time.

P.S. if there are background apps open you can try closing them to reduce battery drain, and therefore increase charging speed.

vvelvetelvis
Old
Thanks Meter 64
isnt this happening because htc has quick charge disabled? they do that to prolong the batter life since its a real pain to replace the battery.
Samsung galaxy s3 - cm10 nightly

Thanks for all the help on these forums.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartyhou View Post
The amperage (amps) of the charger you use does not matter. Amps tell how much electricity is flowing. After the amps reach a certain limit, the HTC One would automatically prevent itself from receiving any more amps. You could try getting a charger with a higher voltage, BUT this has the potential of damaging the phone. Volts are the pressure/force/strength of the current, something the phone can not regulate. Basically, you can either just wait and let it charge before playing the game, or sacrifice the phone for game time.

P.S. if there are background apps open you can try closing them to reduce battery drain, and therefore increase charging speed.
Actually Amperage does matter. It dictates how fast the battery will charge. A 1 amp charger will charge the battery twice as fast as 500 ma charger. The voltage is also critical and if you go over 5 volts you will damage your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wings516
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Could this be related to the type of cable? USB 3.0 capable?

Ithao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Apply Reset Factory Stock RUU