Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about '0' folders

Tip us?
 
xLoveHateLegend
Old
#1  
xLoveHateLegend's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 258
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California (SoCal)
Default Question about '0' folders

Alright, so I plugged my phone into my computer, only to find hardly anything on the root of my internal sdcard, like it normally should be. This is probably due to flashing another Kit Kat rom over my previous Jellybean rom. So basically, it's all in the 'storage > emulated > 0' folder.

My question is, can I just take all of my folders in the 0 folder and cut/paste them onto the root of my sdcard and delete the storage folder all together, or would that screw things up?
Current: HTC One
Past: Samsung Transform > Samsung Epic > Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 851
Posts: 3,173
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoveHateLegend View Post
Alright, so I plugged my phone into my computer, only to find hardly anything on the root of my internal sdcard, like it normally should be. This is probably due to flashing another Kit Kat rom over my previous Jellybean rom. So basically, it's all in the 'storage > emulated > 0' folder.

My question is, can I just take all of my folders in the 0 folder and cut/paste them onto the root of my sdcard and delete the storage folder all together, or would that screw things up?
actually that folder is fake also
the real location is data/media and data/media/0
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
xLoveHateLegend
Old
#3  
xLoveHateLegend's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 258
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California (SoCal)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
actually that folder is fake also
the real location is data/media and data/media/0
Okay so it's more like a shortcut. Hmm, like I said though, would it harm anything if I moved it all to the root folder?
Current: HTC One
Past: Samsung Transform > Samsung Epic > Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

 
clsA
Old
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 851
Posts: 3,173
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoveHateLegend View Post
Okay so it's more like a shortcut. Hmm, like I said though, would it harm anything if I moved it all to the root folder?
move everything from data/media to data/media/0/
not the root of the phone
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more