Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Phone [Q] Z1 Shooting 4K MAYBE?

OP Brownman33

25th February 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Ok so,
this is my first post here so I was just wondering with the announcement of the Xperia Z2 and it's camera upgrades (The 4K to be exact).
Do you think it possible to have the Z1 do the same?
I did some Goggling and apparently the Z2 uses the same camera hardware as the Z1... So I ASSUME the upgrades are software...
Does anyone have an ideas?
Thanks
25th February 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #2  
kantk20111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 631
 
1,350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
The Z1 will most definitely get 4K recording, either through an official Sony update or through the devs.

In fact, the Z1 will get almost every software feature the Z2 will have including tap2wake, 4k recording etc. The one I really want is the noise cancelling technology for earphones. That would be perfect.
25th February 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #3  
akselic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 573
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantk20111

The Z1 will most definitely get 4K recording, either through an official Sony update or through the devs.

In fact, the Z1 will get almost every software feature the Z2 will have including tap2wake, 4k recording etc. The one I really want is the noise cancelling technology for earphones. That would be perfect.

If you want true noise cancelling for head-/earphones then that has to be built within the earphones. Any software claiming to be "noise cancelling" can at best just increase or add ambient low sounds to mask outside noise. That is not and can never be true noise cancelling.

There are lots of earphones with that technology on the market but they are quite expensive and I seriously doubt Sony will package expensive earphones like that with a smartphone. If you really want noise cancelling then get a proper pair of 3rd party earphones and use them with any smartphone.
25th February 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantk20111

The Z1 will most definitely get 4K recording, either through an official Sony update or through the devs.

In fact, the Z1 will get almost every software feature the Z2 will have including tap2wake, 4k recording etc. The one I really want is the noise cancelling technology for earphones. That would be perfect.

I'm hoping the XDA devs and stuff could, but I dunno if Sony would themselves, because if they add all the features to the Z1, the Z2's appeal REALLY drops and then the sales would too...
:/
Last edited by Brownman33; 25th February 2014 at 10:01 AM.
25th February 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akselic

If you want true noise cancelling for head-/earphones then that has to be built within the earphones. Any software claiming to be "noise cancelling" can at best just increase or add ambient low sounds to mask outside noise. That is not and can never be true noise cancelling.

There are lots of earphones with that technology on the market but they are quite expensive and I seriously doubt Sony will package expensive earphones like that with a smartphone. If you really want noise cancelling then get a proper pair of 3rd party earphones and use them with any smartphone.

I guess its dedicated circuit, earphones with mic on each and probably 5 segment mini-jack. The same digital noise cancelation is present in Sony walkmans.
25th February 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #6  
akselic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 573
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbic2

I guess its dedicated circuit, earphones with mic on each and probably 5 segment mini-jack. The same digital noise cancelation is present in Sony walkmans.

Yes, pretty much. It's just that I doubt Sony will bundle earphones or even separate technology for the audio jack and circuit like that with a smartphone. I can easily understand them doing it with a music player (and what isn't as legendary as Walkmans :> ) but not with smartphones - there's enough going on in smartphones as it is
25th February 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #7  
guybrush2099's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
I'd like to have video slowmotion effects on z1

Inviato dal mio C6903 con Tapatalk 4
25th February 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #8  
kantk20111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 631
 
1,350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akselic

If you want true noise cancelling for head-/earphones then that has to be built within the earphones. Any software claiming to be "noise cancelling" can at best just increase or add ambient low sounds to mask outside noise. That is not and can never be true noise cancelling.

There are lots of earphones with that technology on the market but they are quite expensive and I seriously doubt Sony will package expensive earphones like that with a smartphone. If you really want noise cancelling then get a proper pair of 3rd party earphones and use them with any smartphone.

I read somewhere that it worked pretty well on the Z2. Not as good as having it in the headphone, but still pretty well.
The Following User Says Thank You to kantk20111 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
1,292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
4K video recording is highly possible on Z1 and Z1 Compact. If Sony on Z1/Z1C 4.4.2 doesn't offer this feature, we'll just need someone to port it from Z2.
28th February 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #10  
ApriliaM3's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Flag Songkhla
Thanks Meter: 14,144
 
6,273 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Please use the existing thread HERE...

Thread Closed.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes