Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery is weak.

Tip us?

MaorSwan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Battery is weak.

Hello, I received my G2 today but after reading so much about the invincible battery it has, I'm too disappointed.
It's just like my One's battery. I've turned the phone on, it was 85%. I set the brightness to 60%, and 1% drops every 3-4 minutes of nothing but turned on screen. I don't play, I don't surf.

What's wrong with it?

scottdanpor
Old
(Last edited by scottdanpor; 27th February 2014 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaorSwan View Post
Hello, I received my G2 today but after reading so much about the invincible battery it has, I'm too disappointed.
It's just like my One's battery. I've turned the phone on, it was 85%. I set the brightness to 60%, and 1% drops every 3-4 minutes of nothing but turned on screen. I don't play, I don't surf.

What's wrong with it?
If you just received it today it's way too early to judge battery life. Use wake lock detector and/or GSAM. Check your apps battery usage and Greenify anything that uses a lot (not instant messaging apps of course). Let the phone settle over a couple days, charge it to 100% and then judge after that.
In other words, what you are seeing is completely normal when you are breaking in a new phone. If you install a new rom, expect to see the exact same thing.
LG G2 LS980 - CloudyG3
Samsung Galaxy SIII i747 7000mah - S3Rx
Motorola Droid Razr XT910 MAXX - MIUI V5