Post Reply
Lightbulb

Nexus 7 II portability, please advice me

26th February 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #1  
umangleekha's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 502
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Hey N7 users, i will soon finish my school and will buy a phone/tablet, i am just confused that should i go for a midrange phone like xperia sp or nexus 4(too overpriced in india 400$) or should i get nexus 7 2013 as for my calling/msg purpose i already have optimus one and it is an outdated gingerbread phone, do you guys carry N7 everytime in your bagpack/pocket with your phone or is it irritating to carry it ? I am a geek and i love N7 also because of availability of custom roms and kernels, so please tell me how do u carry your nexus 7 also, what is your daily choice for movies/youtube/gaming/webbrowsing, phone or N7? Thanks in advance
Last edited by umangleekha; 26th February 2014 at 01:56 PM.
26th February 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470
 
1,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umangleekha

Hey N7 users, i will soon finish my school and will buy a phone/tablet, i am just confused that should i go for a midrange phone like xperia sp or nexus 4(too overpriced in india 400$) or should i get nexus 7 2013 as for my calling/msg purpose i already have optimus one and it is an outdated gingerbread phone, do you guys carry N7 everytime in your bagpack/pocket with your phone or is it irritating to carry it ? I am a geek and i love N7 also because of availability of custom roms and kernels, so please tell me how do u carry your nexus 7 also, what is your daily choice for movies/youtube/gaming/webbrowsing, phone or N7? Thanks in advance

Nexus 7 doesnt do traditional voice or sms, only voice over IP. While this is normally not a problem, could be an issue if you don't have data coverage or wifi available where traditional cell networks still are.
26th February 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #3  
umangleekha's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 502
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx

Nexus 7 doesnt do traditional voice or sms, only voice over IP. While this is normally not a problem, could be an issue if you don't have data coverage or wifi available where traditional cell networks still are.

I know that but i need to know that one uses n7 OR phone for daily entertainment/web browsing
26th February 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #4  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470
 
1,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umangleekha

I know that but i need to know that one uses n7 OR phone for daily entertainment/web browsing

My answer was pretty obvious. Get a Nexus 7 for tablet purposes, it will not make a good phone.
27th February 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I use my galaxy s3 pretty much only for calls anymore, and do everything else on my 2013 N7. When I'm on the go, I just tether my tablet to my phone for WiFi, if there is none around.

Our contract is up this year, and I'm leaning towards a note3, because its closer to the tablet screen size. I can't see ever going back to something smaller phone wise than my GS3.
Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gareee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank