Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows RT UX Patcher?

Tip us?

mgksrb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Windows RT UX Patcher?

Hey guys.
Ive been in the forum for a while but finally registered to ask a quick question.
Ive been searching for a while and haven't found anything regarding a Windows RT UX theme patcher. Yes I have searched everywhere but still can't find it.
My question is, does it exist? If not would it be difficult to patch them manually?
I love my Surface RT, but the non-customization of the thing is killing me. Is it also possible to change the icons on Windows in RT? Sort of like a skin-pack thing.
Anyones help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

kitor
Old
Thanks Meter 27
You can always replace icons in registry. HKCR is here from Win95 if not longer. They may exists .net 4.x based app to do that - this should run on jailbroken RT.
Uxtheme? I don't think so it exists. Even if it's possible, then only on jailbroken device.
PDAsite.pl administrator / editor
BTC: 18xC8fHdev86QnmXvGyDqn73uuVYYop6VN

mgksrb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitor View Post
You can always replace icons in registry. HKCR is here from Win95 if not longer. They may exists .net 4.x based app to do that - this should run on jailbroken RT.
Uxtheme? I don't think so it exists. Even if it's possible, then only on jailbroken device.
Yeah my Surface is already jailbroken. Do you know if it's a easy job to do it manually? (Patch UX)
The stock Windows themes are literally death for me.
How do you usually find out if an app is .net 4.X based? I know theres a list here on the forums, but do you have to download and try every app you want?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Off-topic, but how are you typing then? Shouldn't you be cremated or something by now?

Hyperbole weakens your argument, and misuse of the language will just annoy people.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.