[Q] Galaxy S5 or keep G2

Tip us?

freebee269
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Galaxy S5 or keep G2

so i am curious what my fellow g2 users think about the gs5 unveiling today? will you keep your g2 since honestly the gs5 didnt bring much of anything that is better than what our g2 already has, or will you be trying out the gs5 anyway to make sure you like or dont like it?
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

rohan611
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
so i am curious what my fellow g2 users think about the gs5 unveiling today? will you keep your g2 since honestly the gs5 didnt bring much of anything that is better than what our g2 already has, or will you be trying out the gs5 anyway to make sure you like or dont like it?
Only thing I'd say is that the S5 seems likely to have a better dev community than the G2. Since having the phone, I've been really disappointed in how poorly the XDA G2 forums are run and organized (all variants under one forum; poor responsiveness from the community for questions). From sheer volume of S5 sales, I'd say it's more likely that you'll get a better dev community with that phone.

zekurosu
Old
Thanks Meter 292
i'm gonna keep g2 since s5 is not a game changer for me

Evolution of my Android:-
Sammy SII < Note N7K < Note II < SIV < Note N9K5 < LG D802

Current ROM:-
Cloudy Stock 1.3 with twrp 2.7 enhanced with SimpleKernel v4

pdolo5784
Old
Thanks Meter 2
im keeping my g2...only phones i would upgrade to would be either the g3 or the htc m8 (htc one two)

z0phi3l
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I'm waiting on the next LG phone,next G2 or G3, or whatever they call it, have had Samsung phones and as long as they insist on using hardware buttons I will avoid them

Phones:
MyTouch 3G, Nexus One, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G2

deathknellx
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
I'm waiting on the next LG phone,next G2 or G3, or whatever they call it, have had Samsung phones and as long as they insist on using hardware buttons I will avoid them
+1 that. Samsung has been acting like Apple. Once they have the market share they become complacent. I will always support an underdog as long as they are innovative and take chances. The G3 will be mine...although the M8 by hTc looks interesting.
"Everybody dies alone..."

Firefly

malek777
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Neither the s5 or the g2. Go with the upcoming htc one m8, its got some serious development. If the htc m8 comes with 1080p screen that means the oppo find 7 will be the only phone on the.market that has a 2k screen which is going to impressive.

in99flames
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Keeping g2. Samsung is preloaded with too much bloat/excess i do not care about or want in my phone. Yes i can remove that stuff but its just the point. Reminiscent of old moto blur

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I wouldn't want the s5 to locked down the HTC m8 looks cool but I will probably stick with the g2 its amazingly fast and does everything I need it to

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

noname1x
Old
Thanks Meter 4
G2 only because Galaxy S5 has a smaller screen with a larger body size ... And Samoled. And Touchwiz. ...Maybe Xperia Z2?