5,600,483 Members 32,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stereo Speakers Comparison: Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One 2014

Tip us?

demonicangell™
Old
(Last edited by demonicangell™; 26th March 2014 at 01:06 PM.) Reason: updated to compare with htc one 2014
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 394
Phone Stereo Speakers Comparison: Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uNbH7Jy6nIc
SONY XPERIA ZL
eXistenZ v4.0.0 | Ultra Edition | 4.3 | 10.4.1.B.0.101
NEXUS 7
ANDROID 4.4.2 STOCK
HTC INCREDIBLE S HTC DESIRE S
The Following User Says Thank You to demonicangell™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwiftSmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Sounds pretty good on the Sony to me. Crisper and not as distorted at high level as on the HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Tablet:- Sony Xperia Z - Stock Rooted 4.3
Current Phone:- Samsung GSIII White
Current ROM:- Omega V56 Android 4.3
Recovery/Root:-Philz Touch 6.15.4
Previous Phone:- HTC Desire PVT1 - CM7R2 6.93.1002 alpharev w/S-Off - 4EXT - 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Tried Desire ROMs:- RSK 7.4.3 CM7R2/A2SD/ Runnymede AIO V6+STOCK/ InsertCoin STOCK A2SD+ v1.1.4 STABLE/ Leedroid 3.05 GB- 5* excellent ROMS
Rooting and flashing since 29/4/11

SuperMarioGalaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSmoke View Post
Sounds pretty good on the Sony to me. Crisper and not as distorted at high level as on the HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Sony sounded good for me too. Personally I think the Z1 was already very listenable at high volume in a store, no excessive tests done. The HTC was total crap, at least in that video. Wouldn't listen to that.

JMonkeYJ
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarioGalaxy View Post
The Sony sounded good for me too. Personally I think the Z1 was already very listenable at high volume in a store, no excessive tests done. The HTC was total crap, at least in that video. Wouldn't listen to that.
I have the HTC One currently, and tentatively planning on the Z2 for my next phone. Just for the record, the HTC One has excellent sound, the best I've ever heard on a phone. So the fact that it sounds crappy in that video is more a reflection of how bad the recording/environment there is than anything else. Speaker quality is very important to me, so I'm eager to see some reviews of the Z2 in better surroundings. Even if it's not quite as good as the HTC One that would be OK for me. I think it will be hard to top the One.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JMonkeYJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 782
They both sounded horrible listening to it from my Xperia Z ultra

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

yeeson
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Nice!
Current Device:
Google Nexus 5

Past Devices:
[Symbian] NOKIA N71 -> NOKIA 6120C -> NOKIA N78 -> NOKIA 5800
[WinCE] MEIZU M8
[Android] HTC Magic -> MOTO Milestone -> HTC T-Mobile G2 -> MOTO Atrix 4G -> Google Galaxy Nexus -> SAMSUNG GALAXY Note -> HTC ONE X -> SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII -> Google Nexus 4 -> SONY Xperia Z -> HTC ONE(US) -> SONY Xperia Z Ultra -> SONY Xperia Z1 -> SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 3
[iOS] iPhone 5

webusermy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shook187 View Post
They both sounded horrible listening to it from my Xperia Z ultra

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
Urm.. DUh? LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to webusermy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demonicangell™
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 394
it is clearly in par with the one .. if not sounding better but htc one is also kinda last years device ... so the real test will be against HTC ONE 2 or whatever it is going to be called .
SONY XPERIA ZL
eXistenZ v4.0.0 | Ultra Edition | 4.3 | 10.4.1.B.0.101
NEXUS 7
ANDROID 4.4.2 STOCK
HTC INCREDIBLE S HTC DESIRE S
The Following User Says Thank You to demonicangell™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SwiftSmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicangell™ View Post
it is clearly in par with the one .. if not sounding better but htc one is also kinda last years device ... so the real test will be against HTC ONE 2 or whatever it is going to be called .
true most websites throwing up comparisons at the moment are only Z2 and S5 as the newest handsets anything else in the comparisons is last years model from manufactures.
Current Tablet:- Sony Xperia Z - Stock Rooted 4.3
Current Phone:- Samsung GSIII White
Current ROM:- Omega V56 Android 4.3
Recovery/Root:-Philz Touch 6.15.4
Previous Phone:- HTC Desire PVT1 - CM7R2 6.93.1002 alpharev w/S-Off - 4EXT - 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Tried Desire ROMs:- RSK 7.4.3 CM7R2/A2SD/ Runnymede AIO V6+STOCK/ InsertCoin STOCK A2SD+ v1.1.4 STABLE/ Leedroid 3.05 GB- 5* excellent ROMS
Rooting and flashing since 29/4/11

thsecmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Xperia Z2 is better than HTC One for me. Its sound have more dimension than HTC One although the sound is not clearer than HTC one