OP RebelwithoutaClue

1st March 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ede
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
When I create a Tasker value that can be used in Zooper (#T...#), I can not use this value under Advanced Parameters in an argument.
When I type #T...# it gives me the value. When I use $#T...#=Value?, it doesnt work and it leaves the $T..# blank. Any ideas on how to solve this? I want to use this to change the color of an object when for instance GPS is on
1st March 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,394

1,421 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelwithoutaClue

When I create a Tasker value that can be used in Zooper (#T...#), I can not use this value under Advanced Parameters in an argument.
When I type #T...# it gives me the value. When I use $#T...#=Value?, it doesnt work and it leaves the $T..# blank. Any ideas on how to solve this? I want to use this to change the color of an object when for instance GPS is on

Is " $#T...#=Value?" the whole string you entered or are you just partially quoting it? I ask because Zoopers parser engine doesn't respond well to incomplete conditionals and that might throw off the substation of variable tags.
Apart from that I adhoc don't have any other idea. Did multiple widgets with Tasker variables and have not yet encountered this problem. If you upload your profile/task and your widget I could take a look at it for you.

Send from my secret moonbase via space carrier pigeons
1st March 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ede

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker

Is " $#T...#=Value?" the whole string you entered or are you just partially quoting it? I ask because Zoopers parser engine doesn't respond well to incomplete conditionals and that might throw off the substation of variable tags.
Apart from that I adhoc don't have any other idea. Did multiple widgets with Tasker variables and have not yet encountered this problem. If you upload your profile/task and your widget I could take a look at it for you.

Send from my secret moonbase via space carrier pigeons

The entire string is as follows:
[c]$#TGPS#=on?#4a2d8303$[/c]

In Tasker there is a task triggered by profile Variable set %GPS, that reads:
Zooper Widget Pro Variable
ZW variable = GPS
ZW Text = %GPS
1st March 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,394

1,421 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelwithoutaClue

The entire string is as follows:
[c]$#TGPS#=on?#4a2d8303$[/c]

In Tasker there is a task triggered by profile Variable set %GPS, that reads:
Zooper Widget Pro Variable
ZW variable = GPS
ZW Text = %GPS

Did you try to setup a task that just sets the variable to 0 or 1 depending on GPS status? String comparison in Zooper sometimes is a bit wonky so I usually try to do it with numbered values instead
1st March 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ede

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker

Did you try to setup a task that just sets the variable to 0 or 1 depending on GPS status? String comparison in Zooper sometimes is a bit wonky so I usually try to do it with numbered values instead

Now it got a bit weird, changed the task to make #TGPS# 1 if gps is on and 0 when off. But when I put the variable in Zooper, it still showed On and Off. So I changed the name of the value to #TSAT# and now the argument works. I think since %GPS is a standard task value, it will make TGPS a standard value as well. Now the argument works with the new value name. Thanks for helping me out

Never mind... forgot I used #TGPS# in another task...fixed that
Last edited by RebelwithoutaClue; 1st March 2014 at 12:35 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread