Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zooper Pro/Gmail Notification Issue

Tip us?

-4ndr01d-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Zooper Pro/Gmail Notification Issue

up until tuesday when I received the 4.7 and 4.7.1 update of gmail, my email count is wrong

i have it as followed:

Code:
$(#SUG#+#SUG1#)$
which has always worked and displayed my total number of emails from both accounts.

now on both my htc one and droid dna, the count is equal to -2
the above code has worked flawlessly between numerous updates of gmail and zooper.

i have deleted both the gmail and zooper pro apps, deleted cache and data and installed them fresh and configured them again. still results in a -2

also if I just do a #SUG# or #SUG1# each one of those yield a -1

is anyone else seeing this issue?
-Lil' E
| Droid X2 | Samsung Charge |HTC Incredible (changed my life ) | HTC ReZound | HTC EVO 4G | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One m8 |

venomized

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2065

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -4ndr01d- View Post
up until tuesday when I received the 4.7 and 4.7.1 update of gmail, my email count is wrong

i have it as followed:

Code:
$(#SUG#+#SUG1#)$
which has always worked and displayed my total number of emails from both accounts.

the above code has worked flawlessly between numerous updates of gmail and zooper.

i have deleted both the gmail and zooper pro apps, deleted cache and data and installed them fresh and configured them again. still results in a -2

This is a confirmed issue between Zooper and the latest Gmail update. There is already a fix for it in testing, though I don't know when it will become available to the public. Don't think it should be long

(Not that this get taking as an official statement: I'm not from the Zooper team, just a user sharing what I know)

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

mellevdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Works fine!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

akirkby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unfortunately I am also seeing the same issue - I purchased Zooper yesterday because of the excellent reviews and feedback, however, the Gmail count just shows -1
Google Nexus 4

dgrasley
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akirkby View Post
Unfortunately I am also seeing the same issue - I purchased Zooper yesterday because of the excellent reviews and feedback, however, the Gmail count just shows -1
This is a known issue. I just recently worked with a support guy from Zooper for a couple of days trying to figure this out. The workaround for now is to point the Widget to your "All Mail" folder. Use this syntax: #SUG^all#
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgrasley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twill82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by akirkby View Post
I was having this issue too so I tried putting in #SUGPrimary# and so far it seems to be working. I sent myself a test email and it says I have one unread message. So I changed it to $(#SUGPrimary#+#SUGPromotions#)$ to see if it will show me unread messages from both inboxes.

Pavel Lukovic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -4ndr01d- View Post

i have it as followed:

Code:
$(#SUG#+#SUG1#)$

try #SUG^all#
The Following User Says Thank You to Pavel Lukovic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArtieQ
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Lukovic View Post
try #SUG^all#
That syntax works for me. I wonder if there's a way to show other mail clients than Gmail on this unread count? I do not use Gmail primarily, I use Hotmail so would make sense to have it there.
Google Nexus 5 16GB (LG-D821)

ROM: Cataclysm 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1 | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Franco (R61)

The Following User Says Thank You to ArtieQ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]