Full radio [S-OFF] ... on a previously [S-ON & LOCKED]
Droid Incredible 4G LTE - with 2014-OTA (ver. 2.19.605.2)
Credits and terms:
This is NOT my own exploit ... but rather accomplished with the guidance from team "FacePalm" (namely: beaups & dr_drache) ... Full testing and 1st run by myself only ... actual [S-OFF] used the "rumrunner universal" exploit ... but needs a prior TEMP-ROOT (i used the " Inc4GUnlockV61-Windows.zip" kit by mdmower available in our Dinc4G-dev section, link added below) .
As usual: While this process shouldnít be too risky, bricks can happen. None of me or the actual coders will be accountable. => If you are worried, donít do it. <=
Again a rather simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you donít understand adb and fastboot, you probably donít need S-off.
Lastly, it's not my own work ... i just pass the details along, but still DO NOT ... steal, repackage, 1-click, or whatever method described herein ... for the rest: all disclaimers from "rumrunner.us" do apply!!!
TEMP-ROOT (at least) ... is needed, without it the exploit will NOT work!!! (at least no need for supercid ) ... apart from that, both parts (temp-root & actual s-off exploit) work on Linux _and_ Windows *cough*
1) Once you have confirmed you have "Temp-Root" on your 2.19.605.2 fireball:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2214653 ... for the temp-root script (by mdmower)
2) Download the HTC Universal RUMRUNNER (0.5.0) and unzip it in your working directory:
3) follow the RUMRUNNER instructions _closely_ as listed at:
4) wait for a ... longer time until ... rumrunner finishes with: "rumrunner done! hope you enjoyed the rum!"
you are now proper: radio [S-OFF] on your 2.19.605.2 fireball
5) flash ENG-hboot 1.15.1111 ... obtainable from DirtyRacun webpage:
6) flash custom recovery (e.g. TWRP 18.104.22.168h ... the updated KK4.4 capable version from MDMOWER)
mdmower fixed this issue in TWRP22.214.171.124.n from 2014-03-03
7) reboot ... ENJOY & REJOICE
8) hit the THANKS-button below
if it helped you (to achieve the unachievable )
thanks for reading ........... (thx again to dr_drache & beaups tips and guidance, temp-root script by mdmower & s-off exploit by rumrunner, 1st testing of this combination "me, myself & i" => SUCCESSFUL)