Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery app for Surface RT

Tip us?

Montastic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] Battery app for Surface RT

Hey Guys,
Is there a decent app for monitoring battery life on Surface RT? Haven't seen one in the store and would like to see how everyone monitors their battery lives.
Thanks!
Microsoft Surface 2
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Retired: Microsoft Surface R
Retired: Samsung Focus (Windows 7.5)

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
I just spend almost all my time on the desktop (where the battery icon shows)... that and I charge the tablet every other day whether it needs it or not, or daily if I used it heavily, and that works pretty well.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

mr_dan
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i dont really know why they didnt implement % .. how hard is that?

Trig0r
Old
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
Not hard largely irrelivant from a Windows POV, and lets remember that RT is just a port of normal Win8 with all the bits yuo really wanted, removed...
Nokia N920, Surface Pro3 i7 8Gb 256Gb..

*PM ONLY PLEASE*
Microsoft Surface Recovery Collector
RT, Surface 2, Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3.
Images on UK FTP server (20Mb)
The Following User Says Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ98653
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't understand why phones, tablets, and what not seemingly don't default to a % view. And not this circle crap. Or number within a battery icon. Give me just a number and a % behind it and I'll die a happy man.

Montastic
Old
(Last edited by Montastic; 8th March 2013 at 04:11 PM.) Reason: Can't spell
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Android does good job of plotting the graph of battery usage. That's what I want.

I know you can always do it from command prompt (powercfg /batteryusage) but I want it just as a setting.
Should've been easy to implement. Or provide it as an app extra.

Too bad we don't have that!
Microsoft Surface 2
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Retired: Microsoft Surface R
Retired: Samsung Focus (Windows 7.5)

mr_dan
Old
Thanks Meter 12
yeah surface has many flaws.. to be honest.. its really a little weird... like and oxymoron.. they were so precise when trying to best ipads hardware.. looks and ergonomics... everything.... and then... bam, no % and no drawing in touch based Onenote... just wtf..

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dan View Post
no drawing in touch based Onenote....
No CAPACITIVE drawing in touch based onenote. Wacom and Sony stylus's work perfectly fine in the modernui mode for onenote. Also you can fullscreen the desktop version of one-note and it looks the same while supporting touch based drawing without a stylus.

kbagrows
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default It's built in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montastic View Post
Hey Guys,
Is there a decent app for monitoring battery life on Surface RT? Haven't seen one in the store and would like to see how everyone monitors their battery lives.
Thanks!
I know this is a really old post, but just thought I'd share this link:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...attery-report/

Using the command prompt give you a really complete, thorough battery assessment.
The Following User Says Thank You to kbagrows For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slyi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did a crude app that is countdown timer for your battery % apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/battery-level-live-tile/519ce2be-0433-4dcc-a830-5982f9934799

There no battery api currently, you have think outside the sandbox. It has an advanced option to create a scheduled task that drops the real battery percentage to the app's local storage which works on surface RT. Im crossing my fingers it does not get pulled from the store