Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root & Calculator

Tip us?

ArmyMan007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Root & Calculator

Hey everyone,

I have an HTC One international version, Android 4.4, unlocked and rooted. Since then I've been encountering 2 issues:

1) Whenever I delete a Google app (which is a system app) using Titanium Backup (free), for some reason Google Play always restores these apps and locks them as a system app, so I have to do the whole routine again. At first, I thought this happened because of Google sync, which automatically downloads every app I used to have on my HTC One. After I canceled the auto-sync, it continued to automatically download Google apps. How can I fix this?

2) Ever since the update and root I noticed that I don't have the calculator anymore. Is there any way I can download the stock calculator or am I doomed for?

Thanks in advance

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMan007 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have an HTC One international version, Android 4.4, unlocked and rooted. Since then I've been encountering 2 issues:

1) Whenever I delete a Google app (which is a system app) using Titanium Backup (free), for some reason Google Play always restores these apps and locks them as a system app, so I have to do the whole routine again. At first, I thought this happened because of Google sync, which automatically downloads every app I used to have on my HTC One. After I canceled the auto-sync, it continued to automatically download Google apps. How can I fix this?

2) Ever since the update and root I noticed that I don't have the calculator anymore. Is there any way I can download the stock calculator or am I doomed for?

Thanks in advance
2) You can download a calculator from Play Store. There's nothing special about the HTC Calculator.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,098

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMan007 View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance
1) you need an unsecured kernel like elementalx or bulletproof to write to /system otherwise all changes you made will be reset at reboot.

2)unlocking bootloader caused this. you can find the apk here on the forum or use any other app from the play store as suggested above.

And FYI deleting app/files in /system will prevent you to install the next ota. The ota md5 checksum will fail...
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

sssssbarn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi, I have performed the same proceedure...... Got a calc from the play store too..... But my root never took.

I flashed the zip in recovery and rebooted, tried a few times. Once booted up use root checker and always get "no root access". What gives?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app