Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Return to factory stock Sense 5 OTA

Tip us?

MicroMod777
Old
(Last edited by MicroMod777; 17th December 2013 at 04:48 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,959

DONATE TO ME
Default Return to factory stock Sense 5 OTA

UNZIP this to extract rom.zip in ur adb folder for Sense 5 OTA. Backup all important files to PC. This will wipe everything.
. Thanks to ruu's for ruu rom.zip was extracted from.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196129

and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot reboot

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeffBea
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Any prerequisites for this to run? The other version floating around I was having problems with. Thanks for your hard work MicroMod

MicroMod777
Old
(Last edited by MicroMod777; 15th December 2013 at 03:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,959

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBea View Post
Any prerequisites for this to run? The other version floating around I was having problems with. Thanks for your hard work MicroMod
Be s-off would be good to have first.

jerryatherton
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I have been brought to my knees on this. Evidently I cannot get the PC (WIN7) to see the pho9ne in adb or fastboot. I actually had it in fastboot for awhile last night but not adb. I uninstalled htc sync and reinstalled, updated my sdk, then I turned everything off.

This morning I cant get it to see in adb or fastboot. The problem is that I am doing this on my company work laptop and I really shouldn't be.

So this morning I loaded the sdk into one of my windows 8 machines and I have the same thing.

When I connect the usb cable I hear the notification sound, htc sync comes up (but it says it cant connect),and autoplay comes up. I can see it under computer. When I look at the device manager I do not see it.
I have tried several cables.

Currently I am downloading Superstock 2.07, I really liked that, but I like blinkfeed also.

Thanks
JERRYA
Tablet: LENOVA K1 CM10.1 by KASCHEMME.
HP TOUCHPAD KK 4.4 AOSP ,EVERVOLV by FLINTMAN
HP TOUCHPAD CM 11 KK 4.4 by MILAQ or INVISIBLEK
Phone: HTC DNA MOONSHINED
HTC, M8VZW

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatherton View Post
I have been brought to my knees on this. Evidently I cannot get the PC (WIN7) to see the pho9ne in adb or fastboot. I actually had it in fastboot for awhile last night but not adb. I uninstalled htc sync and reinstalled, updated my sdk, then I turned everything off.

This morning I cant get it to see in adb or fastboot. The problem is that I am doing this on my company work laptop and I really shouldn't be.

So this morning I loaded the sdk into one of my windows 8 machines and I have the same thing.

When I connect the usb cable I hear the notification sound, htc sync comes up (but it says it cant connect),and autoplay comes up. I can see it under computer. When I look at the device manager I do not see it.

Currently I am downloading Superstock 2.07, I really liked that, but I like blinkfeed also.

Thanks
Hey Jerry don't feel so bad, I worked for a whole week to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone. I always had adb but not fastboo, always said usb device not recognized. its the drivers that are not updated. don't take it personal. I finally gave up and dual booted Linux mint and now have adb and fastboot. the only problem is that ruu would not run. but now that micro made the new zip it should work ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to mopartonyg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerryatherton
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg View Post
Hey Jerry don't feel so bad, I worked for a whole week to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone. I always had adb but not fastboo, always said usb device not recognized. its the drivers that are not updated. don't take it personal. I finally gave up and dual booted Linux mint and now have adb and fastboot. the only problem is that ruu would not run. but now that micro made the new zip it should work ok.
I made one of my personal Win8 machines into a dual boot with Ubuntu, but I really do not know how to muse it. I did download the sdk, that is about it. Congrats on your success. hehe
JERRYA
Tablet: LENOVA K1 CM10.1 by KASCHEMME.
HP TOUCHPAD KK 4.4 AOSP ,EVERVOLV by FLINTMAN
HP TOUCHPAD CM 11 KK 4.4 by MILAQ or INVISIBLEK
Phone: HTC DNA MOONSHINED
HTC, M8VZW

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
I made one of my personal Win8 machines into a dual boot with Ubuntu, but I really do not know how to muse it. I did download the sdk, that is about it. Congrats on your success. hehe
Just set up the sdk like u would a windows machine. open and close adb the same way through a terminal window.

MicroMod777
Old
Thanks Meter 1,959

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks
U need USB drivers. Go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232799

The Following User Says Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThePunisher
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777 View Post
Unzip this in ur adb folder for Sense 5 OTA. Backup all important files to PC. This will wipe everything.
. Thanks to ruu's.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196129

and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot reboot

Previously, if I needed to return to a stock firmware for any reason I would need to run the 1.15 ruu.exe

Is this ota all I need to flash from fastboot? Is this zip the full ruu but in a zip form instead of *.exe?

I hope all that made sense LOL

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePunisher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MicroMod777
Old
Thanks Meter 1,959

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunisher View Post
Previously, if I needed to return to a stock firmware for any reason I would need to run the 1.15 ruu.exe

Is this ota all I need to flash from fastboot? Is this zip the full ruu but in a zip form instead of *.exe?

I hope all that made sense LOL

Thanks
Yes, this was taken out of ruu.

The Following User Says Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]