Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Texting from PC a la MightyText for Android? (Or wired solution?)

Tip us?

DaedalusZR1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Texting from PC a la MightyText for Android? (Or wired solution?)

I did search through this forum with permutations such as 'text from pc,' 'pc texting,' etc., to no luck.

Is it possible to use your PC to initialize and read texts on a WP8 device? With Mightytext it just ran as a background service on Android and would use an OAuth token to forward your texts through their site. That was useful due to the fact I didn't have to plug my Nexus directly to a PC... that being said, even a wired solution would be fantastic. I haven't found anything online, but I don't know if I'm search 'correctly,' since other (Android) solutions will pop up first.

Any ideas?

jjuki
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusZR1 View Post
I did search through this forum with permutations such as 'text from pc,' 'pc texting,' etc., to no luck.

Is it possible to use your PC to initialize and read texts on a WP8 device? With Mightytext it just ran as a background service on Android and would use an OAuth token to forward your texts through their site. That was useful due to the fact I didn't have to plug my Nexus directly to a PC... that being said, even a wired solution would be fantastic. I haven't found anything online, but I don't know if I'm search 'correctly,' since other (Android) solutions will pop up first.

Any ideas?
I don't think this is possible because of the restrictions of the platform, e.g. the app cannot send text messages on its own, user always has to hit send.
PHONE: LUMIA 920
TABLET: GALAXY TAB 10.1

Please use this link to join dropbox, it helps us both http://db.tt/XlTfJ4b

symwpapps
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Apps cant read sms as well. if it were possible, we could get more innovative sms apps like those on android.

kdkoch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With the updates coming to WP 8.1, including changing your messaging app, will it now be possible to have something like Mightytext?

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkoch View Post
With the updates coming to WP 8.1, including changing your messaging app, will it now be possible to have something like Mightytext?
this could be possible then , but we don't know till it happens

Cheap 2TB online storage !!!
http://www.livedrive.com/?tid=RCBX8BJR&r=1

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers