How to root SM - N9005 on Android 4.4.2

Tip us?

Yair1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to root SM - N9005 on Android 4.4.2

Hey guys,

I've had a lot of devices and I've always been able to root them np, but recently I got a Note 3 and im having trouble. It seems all the rooting methods I find are outdated or just not working. Is there anyone who knows a rooting method working for the Note 3 to this day running on 4.4.2, SM-N9005? I would really appreciate it.

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Download this file and extract contents to folder. Make sure you have the samsung usb drivers installed and kies not running if installed.

Put phone in download mode by pressing power + vol down + home button all at the same time until something comes up on the screen, let go of the buttons then press vol up. Plug phone to usb cable connected to pc.

Run included odin, click pda and point to cf auto root tar file you extracted the press start. Odin will flash root files then restarts itself on android with red letters then restarts again to system.

soyusa
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe View Post
Download this file and extract contents to folder. Make sure you have the samsung usb drivers installed and kies not running if installed.

Put phone in download mode by pressing power + vol down + home button all at the same time until something comes up on the screen, let go of the buttons then press vol up. Plug phone to usb cable connected to pc.

Run included odin, click pda and point to cf auto root tar file you extracted the press start. Odin will flash root files then restarts itself on android with red letters then restarts again to system.
By using this method, will this flag the knox to 0x1?
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (Stock) - Primary Phone
Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 (rooted)
HTC One X (Stock)
Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 (rooted)
Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 (WanamLite 4.1.2 JB) - Secondary Phone

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyusa View Post
Yes.

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyusa View Post
Yes