[Q] live wallpaper useless?

OP SimplePoet

25th February 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
My app name: Simple Live Wallpaper
Google Play Link: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplepoet.simplefree

I am a developer of live wallpaper. And I have created some live wallpaper like the one above. However, I was disappointed to find that the Nokia X (which I like very much)did not support the live wallpaper.
Does it mean that live wallpaper is useless or just a few poeple like to personalize their phone?
26th February 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Today, almost all devices with Google Play support live wallpapers. Are you sure the Nokia X doesn't support them, or is it just their launcher that doesn't support them? i.e., can you download a third party launcher like Nova to get it working?

I don't think you need to mention in your store description that it doesn't work on Kindle, because Kindles do not have the Google Play store on them.

In fact, if you have your manifest set up correctly, you don't need to mention any devices that don't support live wallpapers, because your app will be hidden from them anyway.
26th February 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeesto

Today, almost all devices with Google Play support live wallpapers. Are you sure the Nokia X doesn't support them, or is it just their launcher that doesn't support them? i.e., can you download a third party launcher like Nova to get it working?

I don't think you need to mention in your store description that it doesn't work on Kindle, because Kindles do not have the Google Play store on them.

In fact, if you have your manifest set up correctly, you don't need to mention any devices that don't support live wallpapers, because your app will be hidden from them anyway.

Thanks. I have tested some launchers on Nokia X, it seems that the nokia x has removed the component of live wallpaper, just like kindle. So it is hard to give nokia x a live wallpaper, but i would try to find out the methods.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread