Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] live wallpaper useless?

Tip us?

SimplePoet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] live wallpaper useless?

My app name: Simple Live Wallpaper
Google Play Link: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplepoet.simplefree

I am a developer of live wallpaper. And I have created some live wallpaper like the one above. However, I was disappointed to find that the Nokia X (which I like very much)did not support the live wallpaper.
Does it mean that live wallpaper is useless or just a few poeple like to personalize their phone?

dkeesto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Today, almost all devices with Google Play support live wallpapers. Are you sure the Nokia X doesn't support them, or is it just their launcher that doesn't support them? i.e., can you download a third party launcher like Nova to get it working?

I don't think you need to mention in your store description that it doesn't work on Kindle, because Kindles do not have the Google Play store on them.

In fact, if you have your manifest set up correctly, you don't need to mention any devices that don't support live wallpapers, because your app will be hidden from them anyway.

SimplePoet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeesto View Post
Today, almost all devices with Google Play support live wallpapers. Are you sure the Nokia X doesn't support them, or is it just their launcher that doesn't support them? i.e., can you download a third party launcher like Nova to get it working?

I don't think you need to mention in your store description that it doesn't work on Kindle, because Kindles do not have the Google Play store on them.

In fact, if you have your manifest set up correctly, you don't need to mention any devices that don't support live wallpapers, because your app will be hidden from them anyway.
Thanks. I have tested some launchers on Nokia X, it seems that the nokia x has removed the component of live wallpaper, just like kindle. So it is hard to give nokia x a live wallpaper, but i would try to find out the methods.