FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Thumbs up [Q] Google Services Draining Batery

1st June 2014, 03:17 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dear Community!!!

So Days ago i upgrade my Xperia ZL to kit kat, everithing ok a couple days, fantastic.....but, was suddenly my phone without battery, the problem? google play service was draining the 85% to my battery. When i upgrade to 4.3 firmeware i had the same trouble and then i maked to flash again. Also, this time i just did a factory reset and then everithing ok a couple days... but again, suddenly, google play service is draining all life to my phone...So, somebody knows whats the problem anda what can i do (whitout flashing again)... thanks buddies

1st June 2014, 06:05 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 182

More
The issue is a location wakelock, there are two ways around it disable location if you don't use it, or disable Google now.
If you are rooted, u can uninstall the Google search app from system and reinstall it from play store

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyge

The issue is a location wakelock, there are two ways around it disable location if you don't use it, or disable Google now.
If you are rooted, u can uninstall the Google search app from system and reinstall it from play store

Ok, if i understand, i must disable location? how i do that? yes i root i gonna unistall google serch and a itold you... very very thanks dude....
2nd June 2014, 12:02 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Nothing works
Nope.... google servicise going to drining my life.... sucks... check it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-01-17-44-38.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	2775435  
2nd June 2014, 05:45 AM |#5  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prome7eo

Nope.... google servicise going to drining my life.... sucks... check it

you have an option in settings to disable location

since you are rooted,look for "wakelock detector" and "disable service" in play store,
'wakelock detector' will tell you what apps or services are causing it, and then u can disable that particular service using the 'disable service' app
The Following User Says Thank You to xyge For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 04:09 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up Thanks a lot
[QUOTE=xyge;53089874]you have an option in settings to disable location

since you are rooted,look for "wakelock detector" and "disable service" in play store,
'wakelock detector' will tell you what apps or services are causing it, and then u can disable that particular service using the 'disable service' app[/QUO

A lot of thanks Xyge... I download the app than you sugest and AppOps to remove permissions at Google Search, especifically location and screen awake... apparently works better and services not drining the battery... Again XYGE thanks a lot
2nd June 2014, 04:11 PM |#7  
Flag Mumbai

More
Anytime brother, we are all here to help!

2nd June 2014, 09:10 PM |#8  
Flag Aalst
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I discovered something else.

I reinstalled my Phone again with Android 4.4.2. I installed all my apps. Using the Google Now Launcher.
Batterie consumptions seems normal. I see wake locks but acceptable.

But when driving to home from work I used Avertinoo (A radar notifying application that uses GPS). At home I closed the application. But suddenly I saw that the phone stays awake all the time. And Google Service is responsible for 86% of battery consumption.
Only solution, restart of the phone.
I did several test with this application. A short usage of the application does not seem to trigger the problem.
I did a test with Navigon (Navigation software) and I got the same problem.

So I think any application using the GPS for to long, will cause a problem with the Google service (endless loop due to time out ?).
Last edited by dmeerpa; 3rd June 2014 at 06:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmeerpa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 03:04 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyge

you have an option in settings to disable location

Instead of disabling location, setting the location mode to "device only" was enough for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to asrail For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 07:01 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeerpa

I discovered something else.

I reinstalled my Phone again with Android 4.4.2. I installed all my apps. Using the Google Now Launcher.
Batterie consumptions seems normal. I see wake locks but acceptable.

But when driving to home from work I used Avertinoo (A radar notifying application that uses GPS). At home I closed the application. But suddenly I saw that the phone stays awake all the time. And Google Service is responsible for 86% of battery consumption.
Only solution, restart of the phone.
I did several test with this application. A short usage of the application does not seem to trigger the problem.
I did a test with Navigon (Navigation software) and I got the same problem.

So I think any application using the GPS for to long, will cause a problem with the Google service (endless loop due to time out ?).

it's actually a wakelock, whenever an app requires the phone to be awake(say use gps) it sets a wakelock until some condition is satisfied(as u said endless loop), point is its not due to time out but some weird issue that is coming up with the google apps of our particular device....that's why a restart solves it or at times it may not occur for hours of usage of an app and next time it may occur after a minute.

the disabling of services or location is a temporary solution right now.

I tried to clean up all google apps in system and install the latest gapps and odex them.....until now i havent seen any battery issues(in fact usage is not even visible).....i'll report the findings after a fair usage so i can be sure if it does fix the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play service, problem
Previous Thread Next Thread