XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GSM cell tower info only passed to Llama when screen in turned on

Tip us?

jake3317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] GSM cell tower info only passed to Llama when screen in turned on

Ever since I use the Llama app (Location Aware Mobile Application)on my i9195 (Carbon ROM 4.4.2) I have the problem that Llama doesn't receive cell tower information when the screen is turned off. This is a major feature of the app, which doesn't work. I activated the active cell polling, wake up during sleep etc, but the only thing working is to activate the screen during every poll, which is not favorable of course.

The thing is, that with my previous Huawei Y300, with stock ROM 4.1.2 it worked flawlessly without having to enable all the extra (battery consuming) settings. Unfortunately I don't know if the stock Samsung ROM didn't have this bad behavior since I booted the original ROM only once to enable root, in order to instal CWM recovery

Would this be a ROM issue or device issue? Too bad this is my first post here and therefore I can't post in the dev. section of Carbon ROM on this website

jake3317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Has nobody issues with Llama on this device/ROM? The location awareness is really adding something to the use of the phone. Really too bad that I have to turn the screen on, before Llama realizes that I am at another location.

JoeCastellon
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I love Llama, it's a great app which allows me to set it and forget it. I love not having to remember to turn radios on/off, muting phone at college or work.

I had to uninstall it because I switched carriers, and with the new one I keep getting "1-1-1-1 No signal" on the Recent towers tab. It's intermittent (once every detected tower) and it had my profiles going nuts.

I also was experiencing issues where my phone would freeze until it forced a reboot almost every time I got back home.

Sounds like your current ROM might be to blame. I suggest you try Llama with the stock rom. I for one prefer stock with Action Launcher. You might lose the added features of the custom ROM, but at least Samsung's camera interface is way better than AOSP, at least to my taste and needs.

jake3317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCastellon View Post
I love Llama, it's a great app which allows me to set it and forget it. I love not having to remember to turn radios on/off, muting phone at college or work.

I had to uninstall it because I switched carriers, and with the new one I keep getting "1-1-1-1 No signal" on the Recent towers tab. It's intermittent (once every detected tower) and it had my profiles going nuts.

I also was experiencing issues where my phone would freeze until it forced a reboot almost every time I got back home.

Sounds like your current ROM might be to blame. I suggest you try Llama with the stock rom. I for one prefer stock with Action Launcher. You might lose the added features of the custom ROM, but at least Samsung's camera interface is way better than AOSP, at least to my taste and needs.
Thanks, luckily I don't have any of your issues so far, only the cell tower updates being delayed until the screen turns on. A few posts away from now I can ask the question in the specific ROM forum and see if they can fix it.I love the ROM and don't like the Samsung layer of the original stock ROM.