5,599,394 Members 37,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headphones with 3-button remote for Moto G?

Tip us?

ghtop
Old
(Last edited by ghtop; 24th November 2013 at 02:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default [Q] Headphones with 3-button remote for Moto G?

Would have posted this in Accessories, but can't ask questions in there

The official Sol Republic Jax earphones to match the Moto G don't seem to be on sale anywhere yet, but I'm really looking for any earphones with a 3-button remote that actually works.

For example, the remote for the HTC RC E240 doesn't register any button presses at all with the Moto G (as tested with different controller apps) despite working well with other devices like the Nexus 5. I guess Motorola have implemented their own system, hope this doesn't mean a Sol Republic lock-in ...

Anyone have any luck with others that work with the Moto G?

ThomasVanhoutte
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wondering the same.
iPhone earbuds don't work, that's all I know.

Will keep an eye on this thread, I hope someone found a 'fully' working pair of earphones

Kameo
Old
Thanks Meter 420

DONATE TO ME
Yesterday i tried my HTC Sensation headphone/handfree with music controls and only stop|play was working.
But the call|hang and ff/rew buttons don't work... damn, i guess they really changed something :-/
[APP] MotoG Boot Logo Flasher - Custom boot logo.
[APP] MotoG DualSim - Remove Sim2 Icons
[MOD][XPOSED] MotoGuide - Remove or edit Carrier label, Enable Charging LED and DoubleTap2Wake on MotoG
Moto G XT1032 16G - Stock rom [JB 4.3 | Faux kernel v3.4m | MotoGuide v1.0.8]
HTC Sensation - CyanogenMod 11 [KitKat 4.4.2]
HTC Desire - CyanoMod007 v31 [JB 4.2.2 | CM10.1.2 | A2Ext+ | CM7r2]
Hannspad SN10T1/1653 - Eclipse v1.0 [JB 4.2.2]
TronsMart MK908 rev3 - Finless v1.6a [JB 4.2.2]

snowboard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Any proposals ?

Huggis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default No luck

Tried these the other day and nothing worked at all Galaxy tab2 7, apart from sound coming out of them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	2548839  

Hari7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Earlier when I bought the phone, I tried the in ear headphones which came with my Galaxy Nexus, the ones with the single button remote. Initially when I pressed the button, it used to stop the music playback & resume while doing the same. But soon it stopped working.

There's something wrong somewhere but unfortunately can't figure it out. Apple In Ear Headphones with remote & the Earpods don't work. Nor does Klipsch Image S4-II (Android) or Sennheiser remotes.

Iktor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have two pair of headsets with only one button.

A pair came with a Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000), and the other pair has no brand.

The second pair is the only one that works its button on my moto G (both work on the Galaxy).
Sadly I donīt have 3-button headset to see if they work.

Found a post on the motorola forums but i cannot post it because Im a new user,
the post sais that the moto G is not compatible with 3-button headsets and one button headsets made by motorola and sony works with our phone, another user asked if its a hardware issue or a software issue but didnt get an answer.
I dont know if the people who wrote that are reliable or not, but thats what they say.

Letīs hope its a software issue.