Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Need Help. With Rooting

OP Shihbaan

27th February 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag LH.Naifaru
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
I want to know whether i can install custom roms without rooting.
27th February 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihbaan

I want to know whether i can install custom roms without rooting.

funny question... i guess you are on stock ics from sony? and rooting is no way bad so i dont really understand your point. as far as u dont mess around rooting does nothing. it just means you have acess to all data on phone. not more.

but to clear: if u can unlock your bootloader , DO IT! now here we split in custom rom things:

UNLOCKED BL: allmost, if not every custom ROM/Kernel comes pre-rooted. CWM is needed to install a ROM. on custom kernels CWM is built-in. for safety. so if sth goes wrong u can allways acess CWM and restore a backup if u do one before. or flash a (new) ROM.

LOCKED BL: forget it. without root no chance. why? for install a ROM you need CWM. for install CWM (on phone) (on locked BL) you need root. that easy. but if sth goes wrong it can brick your phone as CWM is installed ON phone here.
The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag LH.Naifaru
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk

funny question... i guess you are on stock ics from sony? and rooting is no way bad so i dont really understand your point. as far as u dont mess around rooting does nothing. it just means you have acess to all data on phone. not more.

but to clear: if u can unlock your bootloader , DO IT! now here we split in custom rom things:

UNLOCKED BL: allmost, if not every custom ROM/Kernel comes pre-rooted. CWM is needed to install a ROM. on custom kernels CWM is built-in. for safety. so if sth goes wrong u can allways acess CWM and restore a backup if u do one before. or flash a (new) ROM.

LOCKED BL: forget it. without root no chance. why? for install a ROM you need CWM. for install CWM (on phone) (on locked BL) you need root. that easy. but if sth goes wrong it can brick your phone as CWM is installed ON phone here.

So you are saying that i can install custom roms with unlocked boot loader without root?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shihbaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #4  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihbaan

So you are saying that i can install custom roms with unlocked boot loader without root?

i say theres NO point beeing UN-root. its senseless... whats ur problem with root?? any rom and kernel i know comes pre-rooted.

if you install a custum rom = will be rooted, no choice ITS AUTOMATIC!!

if u install custum kernel = it will be rooted, no choice ITS AUTOMATIC!!

if u dont want root. get happy with stock ics from sony

did you know what root means?!?! i really dont get your point???
Last edited by bejunk; 28th February 2014 at 04:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes