Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] D800 KitKat Manual Update with Root

Tip us?

AndroidUser00110001
Old
(Last edited by AndroidUser00110001; 7th March 2014 at 02:57 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,644

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] D800 KitKat Manual Update with Root

DISCLAIMER - I am not to blame if you screw up your phone. Proceed at your own risk.

Thread closed since there is an option now for stock AT&T crap with recovery and international version with recovery, with working google wallet and no carrierIQ or AT&T bloat.

International HERE

Stock AT&T HERE

Web Presence:
Twitter
Google+
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to AndroidUser00110001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidUser00110001
Old
(Last edited by AndroidUser00110001; 28th February 2014 at 05:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,644

DONATE TO ME
YES!!! It will take a long time to flash...did not hang. Just needs time :P

I will have custom ROM up later tonight.

I will have custom ROM based on International version once it is released and I can get my hands on the KDZ or TOT. This way we do not have to deal with CarrierIQ.
If you would like to make a small donation for my work you may do so by clicking HERE.
You may also Tweet me a Starbucks Trenta Iced Black Tea 4 pump classic which is my go go juice that keeps me going @androiduser0001 by clicking HERE. Thanks!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndroidUser00110001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muppetmaster916
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Thanks for this, awesome work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Fidelio_o
Old
Thanks Meter 143
And just like that. Everything is awesome in this world lol. Thank you kind sir.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Zoide_
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Yes!!! You are THE MAN. Thanks so much.

plastikman187
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Are you using the aboot from one of the 10x builds? I am pulling the ROM down now but I am concerned that installing this will update my aboot and make it so that going back to a different kernel/ROM will be difficult. I am not all that up on LOKI so perhaps this is just a dumb post :/.

xLordNitro
Old
Thanks Meter 59
What if we are on the unrooted KitKat ota? Just flash this? Or downgrade, then flash recovery and then flash this?

freebee269
Old
Thanks Meter 420

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLordNitro View Post
What if we are on the unrooted KitKat ota? Just flash this? Or downgrade, then flash recovery and then flash this?

use lg flash tool to flash back to 10d firmware. root and install recovery. then flash this rom with supersu to get back to where you are now but with root.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

bigfau
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10,786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikman187 View Post
Are you using the aboot from one of the 10x builds? I am pulling the ROM down now but I am concerned that installing this will update my aboot and make it so that going back to a different kernel/ROM will be difficult. I am not all that up on LOKI so perhaps this is just a dumb post :/.

LG flash tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLordNitro View Post

Downgrade,flash recovery and then rom zip and superuser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

freebee269
Old
Thanks Meter 420

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikman187 View Post
when you use lg flash tool to go back to an older firmware, it replaces your aboot with that firmwares aboot. so you have nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

@bigfau

we need a custom KK rom from you. GOGOGO.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269

The Following User Says Thank You to freebee269 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe