Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] aosp-4.2.2-thor-0 (Kindle fire hdx 7")

OP Cpasjuste

12th January 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 950

708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yup ! Full aosp 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon !

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) is ready for download.

Installation :
  • Install safestrap
  • Create rom slot
  • Go to recovery
  • Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
  • Flash aosp-4.2.2-thor-*.zip

Download :
Not working yet :
  • MediaPlayer (youtube, musics, games)
  • Crash on screen wake up (ui restart)
  • Headphones out not working

Note :
  • Help to fix mediaplayer and other bugs is welcome as time is missing
  • Rom used for the port : Grouper-JDQ39_4.2.2-Deodex_Rooted-02-14-13-teshxx
  • Playing with /system/lib and /system/bin between stock and grouper rom should be enough
  • No need to ask permission to use/repack do anything with the rom just go for it

• To Hashcode for safestrap !

Attached Files
File Type: zip aosp-4.2.2-thor-0-bootanimation-fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.3 KB, 654 views)
Last edited by Cpasjuste; 24th January 2014 at 09:18 AM.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 186

419 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Yup ! Full CM 10.1.3 port for the thor (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon !

I just booted to cm a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working. MediaPlayer (youtube, musics) not working for now.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) .

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work... Looking forward to trying it out. Just curious what bugs have you ran into if any?

Thanks

Cdub50

Sent from my KFTHWI using xda app-developers app
12th January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,734

3,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup ! Full aosp android 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon !

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working. MediaPlayer (youtube, musics) not working for now.

It's a good news for me, and i guess for you too. The rom should be ready for tomorow i guess/hope (even if there's still some bugs, which will be the case) .

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work! Whenever you're ready to post, I can probably help debug the ROM a bit.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

Great work! Whenever you're ready to post, I can probably help debug the ROM a bit.

Thanks ! I have to say thanks to safestrap (you) as overriding the init.rc script is required (well and for all other things it does).
Unfortunately it's 03:52 of the night here so i'm not sure i'll have the courage to
package a rom and upload but i'll do it tomorow for sure even in the current state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,734

3,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks ! I have to say thanks to safestrap (you) as overriding the init.rc script is required (well and for all other things it does).
Unfortunately it's 03:52 of the night here so i'm not sure i'll have the courage to
package a rom and upload but i'll do it tomorow for sure even in the current state.

I totally understand. Take your time (and get some sleep!) Was offering support so you didn't feel like you had the entire responsibility of the KFireHDX universe on your shoulders
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

216 posts
Quote:

Yup ! Full aosp android 4.2.2 port for the thor based on nexus 7 2012 image (kindle fire hdx 7") is coming very, very soon !

I just booted a few minutes ago (after a lot of work) ! Rendering is working/fixed, touchscreen is working/fixed, sound working/fixed, wifi working/fixed. After registration (which worked) i tested playstore, gmail and some settings menu which are all working.

Not working yet: MediaPlayer (youtube, musics)

Couldn't wait to share !

Great work. I have been waiting patiently for HDX 8.9 roms and safestrap. But all the developers are doing a great job. Keep it up guys.

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda premium
12th January 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi ! Good news, ROM is packed ! I upload it asap ( should take a few hours). No changes since yesterday, all seems working except something with media player I think which prevent music's, hardware video player, and most games to work (hashcode and other help of course more than welcome as I may not have a lot of free time until next week end).

The main directions was : edit stock system/etc/rootfs/init.rc for grouper frameworks and remove calls to main2 services (amazon), replace app, fonts, framework and media stock system folders by grouper ones, replace a few stock system/bin/* and system/lib by grouper ones (more details soon).

Also note that data partition can (and must) be wiped so more room on nand !
Last edited by Cpasjuste; 12th January 2014 at 01:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Uploaded !
12th January 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Uploaded a fix for boot anim to work
12th January 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
Thumbs up thanks !!
Rom boot has failed to follow the instructions but still failed, Error youtube movies have not considered how to fix it?? remaining works well!!v

The Following User Says Thank You to vdsno1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread