Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help about smali coding

Tip us?

x24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Cool [Q] Need help about smali coding

Hi all!

I need help with smali coding. I have a MTK based dual sim android smartphone sold by a telecom provider in my country.
Problem is, before I start modding the phone, obviously I need to enable USB Debugging. Unexpectedly, the USB Debugging setting is password protected, so I need to input some kind of password to activate the USB Debugging.

I've decompile the settings.apk, and If I'm correct, I've tracked the code that correspond to the password dialog to a "DevelopmentSettings.smali" in OnClick method (Starting from Line 3951) . I'm still learning about smali, and the coder make quite a confusing process to check the password input, I'm confused in understanding the flow / logic of the code. If it's OK, please help me understand the code to get the hard-coded password.
I attached the decompiled settings.apk, and the smali file I mentioned is located in "\Settings\smali\com\android\settings\DevelopmentS ettings.smali".

Oh and btw, sorry if my english is confusing. Thanks.

Regards,
Chris.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Settings.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.44 MB, 1 views)
Current Device : Samsung GT-P7300, Samsung GT-P6800

Other Device : HTC Desire S

x24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Still trying... No success yet.
Current Device : Samsung GT-P7300, Samsung GT-P6800

Other Device : HTC Desire S

tirta.agung
Old
(Last edited by tirta.agung; 28th February 2014 at 10:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Cool Lam Kenal

Udah bisa belum gan? Apa codingnya cuma di DevelopmentSettings.smali aja ya? Saya udah nyoba semaleman, sampe mata puyeng, gak bisa-bisa. Maksudnya gak bisa ke decompile lagi, wkwkwkw. Mohon bantuannya gan.

BTW HP saya MAX Z. Saya udah baca thread agan di kaskus ttg setting.apk no pass. Kira-kira mohon pengarahannya gan kalo saya mau ngedit setting.apk saya sendiri. Apa saja kira-kira yang harus saya edit? apa cuma DevelopmentSettings.smali atau ada yang lainnya gan? Saya menggunakan APKMulti Tool untuk compile dan decompile APK.
Tags
smali coding decompile apk