Default Device storage contents not updating on PC - Any way to refresh manually or patch?

Hello there.

It seems this problem is quite common, from the fist time I plug the device in MTP mode, no alteration I do on the phone using android will reflect on the PC, for example, if I plug the phone for the first time after a boot and delete a file using android, it will still show on PC, it doesn't matter if I refresh the folder or even change the USB port. I have to reboot the phone to get it working again. It seems that when you plug the phone on the PC it creates a 'cache' that never gets refreshed.

I would like to know if there's a way to refresh such 'cache' or other solution to this, perhaps by allowing the phone to be seen as a fully featured mass storage device. My phone is rooted. Perhaps there's even a patch or something. My device is a Moto G Dual, Android 4.3.

I don't want to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. I recharge my phone on the PC and I would like to also use the connection to transfer files without having to reboot my phone.

If I rename a file for example (using android), so it shows the old name on the PC, it's impossible to access it, even by accessing the exact path (both the old or new) manually.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.