Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MTP problems (folders show as files, contents never update, etc)

OP Drakonas

5th March 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Acworth, GA
Thanks Meter: 25

128 posts
More
Hello all. I had been having some problems using MTP with my Moto X (I always have had problems with MTP on any device tbh). First off, I was noticing that file and folders made on my Moto X never seemed to show up on my PC when connected via MTP. I tried to remedy this issue and force an update (as per this thread). I used the SD scanning app found here. Apparently I shouldn't have done this with my Moto X, because now all folders in MTP show up as files, and are not able to be opened anymore. I've tried reconnecting my phone, and I've tried enabling/disabling MTP. About to try a full reboot. (EDIT: full reboot didn't fix)

Did I just derp this install of my phone? Great... back to square one.

How do I get the stupid files to update automatically with MTP. It absolutely frustrates me that it doesn't seem to know when a folder has been added.. I understand the differences between mass storage and MTP, but wtf... I should be able to at least access files and folders 2 days old.

Edit 2: Which Windows services does MTP use?
Last edited by Drakonas; 5th March 2014 at 10:14 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread