Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 46,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any Way to Diable Carrier IQ in AT&T KitKat D80020c

Tip us?

NevetsDrassel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Any Way to Diable Carrier IQ in AT&T KitKat D80020c

Used to be that you could do the following if you were rooted.

Download System Tuner. Open and select the "System" (Red Icon). Select "System Apps" (should have defaulted there by previous step). Select "Android System" then select "Details".

Uncheck the following:

com.carrieriq.iqagent.serviceui.UserPage
com.carrieriq.iqagent.serviceui.ShowMesssage
com.carrieriq.iqagent.stdmetrics.survey.android.Qu estionnaireLaunchActivity
com.carrierIq.iqagent,stdmetrics.survey.android.Qu estionnaireActivity
com.carrieriq.iqagent.service.receivers.BootComple tedReceiver
com.carrieriq.iqagent.service.receivers.EnableTogg lempl
com.carrieriq.iqagent.service.IQService

Reboot. Check for CarrierIQ with Voodoo CarrierIQ Detector.

Carrier IQ was then deactivated. Now if you do the same steps, CarrierIQ is still showing as active.

Any help appreciated as to where to look for the bugger that is keeping this active....

NevetsDrassel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I found a couple of Carrier IQ calls in the system app LADDM but don't have a clue what LADDM is.

Also as an FYI ISIS Wallet will not work if you are rooted.

Sent from my LG-D800

NevetsDrassel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
I found a couple of Carrier IQ calls in the system app LADDM but don't have a clue what LADDM is.

Also as an FYI ISIS Wallet will not work if you are rooted.

Sent from my LG-D800
Here is an update: There are 2 carrierIQ files in the system. They reside on the phone in /system/lib and are called libiq_client.so and libiq_service.so

I understand these .so files to be like a .dll files on a computer. I just might try to delete them or rename them to see if this might kill carrierIQ.

NevetsDrassel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
Here is an update: There are 2 carrierIQ files in the system. They reside on the phone in /system/lib and are called libiq_client.so and libiq_service.so

I understand these .so files to be like a .dll files on a computer. I just might try to delete them or rename them to see if this might kill carrierIQ.

Using ADB tools I was able to remove both the above files from the /system/lib folder. Some of the carrierIQ detectors say that carrierIQ is still present and active while others say that carrierIQ is present but not active. Chances are it is not active and running as I have deleted the .so files that are required to run carrierIQ. But who knows what else is hidden.....

Still looking throughout the KitKat update to see if I can find any more files associated with carrierIQ.
The Following User Says Thank You to NevetsDrassel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]