Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 zoom - lens opens on its own randomly

Tip us?

leonidas540bc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default S4 zoom - lens opens on its own randomly

only developed this problem recently - no idea why it's doing it and it's quite random....anyone else?

Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy note and Advent Vega

kakawo
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
yep same here... after some time i reflashed it again with root, and sometimes its open itself dont know why

pileiba
Old
Thanks Meter 12
recent update from skype . messes with zoom. i had to uninstall skype

jakuburban
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, happened by me to. I know some communicators cause this, but it happened mostly when i was moving (outside the home).

Sent from galaxy n7105

marcboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileiba View Post
Just uninstalled skype... lets see if its gone.

monkeemash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Results of uninstalling skype?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcboy View Post
Just uninstalled skype... lets see if its gone.
Any update to this? I can't beliieve this is the only thread about this issue online. I have a black C105 unlocked from the UK purchased off ebay and being used with T-Mobile here in CA. It might be helpful if everyone state these details to help narrow down the issues or suspects. Just purchased this phone and this is a NO-GO if other apps can cause a simple issue like this to become a BIG issue. I had skype also and just uninstalled it. Before I wait any longer, what were your results?

-Paul

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pileiba View Post
Curious, how'd you figure out it was Skype?

pileiba
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeemash View Post
Any update to this? I can't beliieve this is the only thread about this issue online. I have a black C105 unlocked from the UK purchased off ebay and being used with T-Mobile here in CA. It might be helpful if everyone state these details to help narrow down the issues or suspects. Just purchased this phone and this is a NO-GO if other apps can cause a simple issue like this to become a BIG issue. I had skype also and just uninstalled it. Before I wait any longer, what were your results?

-Paul

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Curious, how'd you figure out it was Skype?
i checked recently updated apps.. in market.. and that was the only app that was accessing the camera.. i think u should do a check on all apps that access your camera. and uninstall. one by one. Pierre
The Following User Says Thank You to pileiba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rocky450
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have had this issue,I uninstalled Skype and now the camera is okay and does not open randomly.

kakawo
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
yes guys, its SKYPE - lens opens when you connect to wifi or internet, because then SKYPE automatically login you, turns on, and acces camera - thats the reason why opens itself uninstall SKYPE or leave it that way... only solution is some update from skype, but i dont think its possible (skype is checking accesibility of cameras when turns on, but on our zoom it opens it)

arkone
Old
(Last edited by arkone; 7th March 2014 at 07:01 AM.) Reason: miss out some good point and reason.
Thanks Meter 0
Default THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakawo View Post
yes guys, its SKYPE - lens opens when you connect to wifi or internet, because then SKYPE automatically login you, turns on, and acces camera - thats the reason why opens itself uninstall SKYPE or leave it that way... only solution is some update from skype, but i dont think its possible (skype is checking accesibility of cameras when turns on, but on our zoom it opens it)

Glad i found this thread, uninstalled SKYPE and no more lens popping out. Previously i thought it was because of a change in connection between wifi and hsdpa.
No wonder i could not find the problem or apps that cause this issue, because skype is not even in the running processes or background processes.