Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,344 Members 46,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT data special

Tip us?
 
podagee
Old
#1  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,405
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Default ATT data special

I just switched from 4gb to 10gb data for a few dollars more. They have a special going on for the 10gb. $100 +15 each line. Att rocks
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
digitard
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 202
Join Date: Mar 2008
I live in a Major metropolitan area.

I pay 70 bucks a month for T-Mobile which is comparable to ATT here (Phoenix area which is big for T-MO).

I get unlimited everything with no throttling. Last month I used about 10GB w/o a hiccup (I may have been going ROM crazy and bypassing all the WIFI restrictions on downloads since I was at work...lol). ROM - LOAD - TEST FOR 2 DAYS - WIPE - NEW ROM - LOAD - REPEAT

T-MO wins.
 
podagee
Old
#3  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,405
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I live in a Major metropolitan area.

I pay 70 bucks a month for T-Mobile which is comparable to ATT here (Phoenix area which is big for T-MO).

I get unlimited everything with no throttling. Last month I used about 10GB w/o a hiccup (I may have been going ROM crazy and bypassing all the WIFI restrictions on downloads since I was at work...lol). ROM - LOAD - TEST FOR 2 DAYS - WIPE - NEW ROM - LOAD - REPEAT

T-MO wins.
Well here in hawaii ill walk into a safeway grocery store and i wont have even signal for calls... i mean none. Make a call and nothing. I gave tmobile up for att. I get 35mb/s and reception almost everywhere. Here att wins
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
khaytsus
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,082
Posts: 6,932
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I live in a Major metropolitan area.

I pay 70 bucks a month for T-Mobile which is comparable to ATT here (Phoenix area which is big for T-MO).

I get unlimited everything with no throttling. Last month I used about 10GB w/o a hiccup (I may have been going ROM crazy and bypassing all the WIFI restrictions on downloads since I was at work...lol). ROM - LOAD - TEST FOR 2 DAYS - WIPE - NEW ROM - LOAD - REPEAT

T-MO wins.
Great. Nobody cares. He was talking about ATT. Relevance: People on ATT. Move on.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com
 
podagee
Old
#5  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,405
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
Great. Nobody cares. He was talking about ATT. Relevance: People on ATT. Move on.
Haha thanks man you post some news for att customers and somebody bombs it with another carrier.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
bps119
Old
#6  
bps119's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,248
Posts: 2,488
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
I just switched from 4gb to 10gb data for a few dollars more. They have a special going on for the 10gb. $100 +15 each line. Att rocks
Yeah, I've been debating on moving to this plan since it rolled out. I currently have the unlimited data plan, 700 minutes to share between two phones with a rollover bank of about 7000 minutes since we rarely use more than a hundred combined, and unlimited texts and mms. I've been hesitant to switch because, while we are generally under 10 gigs, I sometimes get a little data crazy and we reach between 12-15 gigs combined. Do you know what they charge for overages per gig? Also, I assume that includes unlimited calls and texts? TIA for your reply

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
podagee
Old
#7  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,405
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps119 View Post
Yeah, I've been debating on moving to this plan since it rolled out. I currently have the unlimited data plan, 700 minutes to share between two phones with a rollover bank of about 7000 minutes since we rarely use more than a hundred combined, and unlimited texts and mms. I've been hesitant to switch because, while we are generally under 10 gigs, I sometimes get a little data crazy and we reach between 12-15 gigs combined. Do you know what they charge for overages per gig? Also, I assume that includes unlimited calls and texts? TIA for your reply

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Overages is $15 a gb if you go over. If you let them know before you go over you can change your plan to higher data for $10 a gig more. Just go with the 10gb. That should be sufficient enough for 2 people. My wife and i have it we are on separate accounts. Just got it today and im happy that i dont have to worry about going over. Plus if you both are on the same contract you save a lot.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

The Following User Says Thank You to podagee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jeff5347
Old
#8  
jeff5347's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 735
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mass
I just went from the 4gb plan on FAM share with 2 phones total. Went on the site to see what its about under my account and it showed my contract was 4gb for 150. It showed I could change to 10gb for 130. I definitely don't use near 10 unless I'm away from WiFi and still don't use near 10 but better to be on the safe side. I read all the fine print and hoopla and I saw nothing of extra charges or drawbacks. Took the 10gb and as I see so far a cheaper bill and more gigs. I see win win.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Nexus
AK Kernel
JB Sourcery 4.5.6
 
khaytsus
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,082
Posts: 6,932
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Kentucky
Aw, I looked to see if I could upgrade my data plan on my ancient non-existent plan and nope. Ah well.

Eventually one of the newer plans might make more sense, but every time I've done the math in the past, it turns out to be more expensive.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com
 
expertzero1
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 2,645
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: So Cal, California
This is the mobile share value plan. If you're out of contract or you have your own phone, you get the 15 dollar pricing instead of 40. Its nothing special tbh

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes