ATT data special

OP podagee

26th February 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului
Thanks Meter: 259

1,418 posts
More
I just switched from 4gb to 10gb data for a few dollars more. They have a special going on for the 10gb. $100 +15 each line. Att rocks
26th February 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

203 posts
I live in a Major metropolitan area.

I pay 70 bucks a month for T-Mobile which is comparable to ATT here (Phoenix area which is big for T-MO).

I get unlimited everything with no throttling. Last month I used about 10GB w/o a hiccup (I may have been going ROM crazy and bypassing all the WIFI restrictions on downloads since I was at work...lol). ROM - LOAD - TEST FOR 2 DAYS - WIPE - NEW ROM - LOAD - REPEAT

T-MO wins.
27th February 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului

1,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard

I pay 70 bucks a month for T-Mobile which is comparable to ATT here (Phoenix area which is big for T-MO).

I get unlimited everything with no throttling. Last month I used about 10GB w/o a hiccup (I may have been going ROM crazy and bypassing all the WIFI restrictions on downloads since I was at work...lol). ROM - LOAD - TEST FOR 2 DAYS - WIPE - NEW ROM - LOAD - REPEAT

T-MO wins.

Well here in hawaii ill walk into a safeway grocery store and i wont have even signal for calls... i mean none. Make a call and nothing. I gave tmobile up for att. I get 35mb/s and reception almost everywhere. Here att wins
27th February 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,096

6,964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard

T-MO wins.

Great. Nobody cares. He was talking about ATT. Relevance: People on ATT. Move on.
27th February 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului

1,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

Great. Nobody cares. He was talking about ATT. Relevance: People on ATT. Move on.

Haha thanks man you post some news for att customers and somebody bombs it with another carrier.
27th February 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 2,256

2,510 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

I just switched from 4gb to 10gb data for a few dollars more. They have a special going on for the 10gb. $100 +15 each line. Att rocks

Yeah, I've been debating on moving to this plan since it rolled out. I currently have the unlimited data plan, 700 minutes to share between two phones with a rollover bank of about 7000 minutes since we rarely use more than a hundred combined, and unlimited texts and mms. I've been hesitant to switch because, while we are generally under 10 gigs, I sometimes get a little data crazy and we reach between 12-15 gigs combined. Do you know what they charge for overages per gig? Also, I assume that includes unlimited calls and texts? TIA for your reply

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag kahului

1,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps119

Yeah, I've been debating on moving to this plan since it rolled out. I currently have the unlimited data plan, 700 minutes to share between two phones with a rollover bank of about 7000 minutes since we rarely use more than a hundred combined, and unlimited texts and mms. I've been hesitant to switch because, while we are generally under 10 gigs, I sometimes get a little data crazy and we reach between 12-15 gigs combined. Do you know what they charge for overages per gig? Also, I assume that includes unlimited calls and texts? TIA for your reply

Overages is $15 a gb if you go over. If you let them know before you go over you can change your plan to higher data for $10 a gig more. Just go with the 10gb. That should be sufficient enough for 2 people. My wife and i have it we are on separate accounts. Just got it today and im happy that i dont have to worry about going over. Plus if you both are on the same contract you save a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to podagee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mass
Thanks Meter: 274

748 posts
I just went from the 4gb plan on FAM share with 2 phones total. Went on the site to see what its about under my account and it showed my contract was 4gb for 150. It showed I could change to 10gb for 130. I definitely don't use near 10 unless I'm away from WiFi and still don't use near 10 but better to be on the safe side. I read all the fine print and hoopla and I saw nothing of extra charges or drawbacks. Took the 10gb and as I see so far a cheaper bill and more gigs. I see win win.

1st March 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #9  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,096

6,964 posts
More
Aw, I looked to see if I could upgrade my data plan on my ancient non-existent plan and nope. Ah well.

Eventually one of the newer plans might make more sense, but every time I've done the math in the past, it turns out to be more expensive.
1st March 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #10  
Flag So Cal, California
Thanks Meter: 368

2,659 posts
More
This is the mobile share value plan. If you're out of contract or you have your own phone, you get the 15 dollar pricing instead of 40. Its nothing special tbh

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread