GG Safety Assistance

Search This thread

waternut13134

Oct 29, 2012
Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consu...ile-phones/galaxy-gear/SM-V7000ZWAAFR-support

Thanks so much for any help!

Breach

Apr 1, 2009
Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consu...ile-phones/galaxy-gear/SM-V7000ZWAAFR-support

Thanks so much for any help!

Did you ever figure out the issue?

Breach

Apr 1, 2009
I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.

My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,

Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.

Breach

Apr 1, 2009
Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.

The app wouldn't do any good unless you had the option in Gear Manager to turn it off and on, and to set an emergency contact for the app to message.

Perhaps there is a way to inject/mock the version of the rom to allow the option in Gear Manager so the option/ability is enabled.