Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

GG Safety Assistance

OP waternut13134

1st March 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support

Thanks so much for any help!
21st April 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Maine, USA
Thanks Meter: 164

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134

Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support

Thanks so much for any help!

Did you ever figure out the issue?
21st April 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach

Did you ever figure out the issue?

I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.
21st April 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Maine, USA

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134

I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.

My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,
21st April 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 421

1,205 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach

My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,

Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.
21st April 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #6  
Flag Maine, USA

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.

The app wouldn't do any good unless you had the option in Gear Manager to turn it off and on, and to set an emergency contact for the app to message.

Perhaps there is a way to inject/mock the version of the rom to allow the option in Gear Manager so the option/ability is enabled.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread