Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NuLL Rom] Ram Efficiency

Tip us?

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454

DONATE TO ME
Default [NuLL Rom] Ram Efficiency

Has anyone successfully froze any packages or made any changes to free up more Ram on their GEAR? typically i sit around the 360MB mark with only a small amount of Free Ram. Using Launcher 8 right now, which doesn't appear to be a memory hog.

Any suggestions?

John_wba
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420 View Post
Has anyone successfully froze any packages or made any changes to free up more Ram on their GEAR? typically i sit around the 360MB mark with only a small amount of Free Ram. Using Launcher 8 right now, which doesn't appear to be a memory hog.

Any suggestions?
I usually have between 80 and 120mb free with a lot of apps/tweaks installed, which is excellent considering its a watch. Bare in mind it only has 470mb of usable ram. Using 380mb seems perfectly acceptable to me :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to John_wba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_wba View Post
I usually have between 80 and 120mb free with a lot of apps/tweaks installed, which is excellent considering its a watch. Bare in mind it only has 470mb of usable ram. Using 380mb seems perfectly acceptable to me :thumbup:

Yeah but it's samsung... there is usually some bloat ware that can be frozen or something. What apps/tweaks have you done for memory, just curious? i have about 60-80 after running a launcher which i suspect to be pretty good considering the above ram as you have stated.

thanks for any input my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBison420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

John_wba
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420 View Post
Yeah but it's samsung... there is usually some bloat ware that can be frozen or something. What apps/tweaks have you done for memory, just curious? i have about 60-80 after running a launcher which i suspect to be pretty good considering the above ram as you have stated.

thanks for any input my friend
Anything can be deleted mate, trial and error till you find your perfect set up, use titanium backup to back things up and delete them, then you can always restore if something went wrong. Personally I have all stock bloat intact as most of it adds use to the watch (weather, notifications etc) as for memory tweaks I use @zeppelinrox supercharger script, which really does help the watch run smooth and fast (it makes a noticeable improvement in terms of speed and memory issues)