[Need advice] is Xperia T a good buy?

OP xyge

6th March 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 174

342 posts
More
well i lost my xperia zl and need a new primary phone quite urgently...cant decide between xperia t and sp (yes in a bit of tight budget)

what am basically after right now is the display and battery life...also how does the xperia t perform as compared to sp ..is it very noticable? (tbh i would prefer a little low graphic detail than overheating and throttling)

my pros for t :

Roms i like are available :P
way better deign
cheaper

worries about t:

performance
battery

any suggestion is appreciated
6th March 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

160 posts
If I were you I would take a look at the Motorola moto g. It has a nice screen in my opinion and battery life is great. It performs better than my T and it has android 4.4. The only con is the camera which is kind of bad. I don't know about rom development for the moto g but I assume there's quite a lot. And best of all, it's cheap!
Last edited by spromper; 6th March 2014 at 11:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spromper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spromper

If I were you I would take a look at the Motorola moto g. It has a nice screen in my opinion and battery life is great. It performs better than my T and it has android 4.4. The only con is the camera which is kind of bad. I don't know about rom development for the moto g but I assume there's quite a lot. And best of all, it's cheap!

Well moto g has no sd slot
and am getting the t at almost same price How is the speaker performance in t?
7th March 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #4  
Munich
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
In my opinion the speaker in the xperia t is amazing. I had a HTC HD 7 and compared to the the speaker was crap...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonassassin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 58

196 posts
More
Talking about battery life on screen time is about 4-4:30 hours with normal behaviour I'm getting through the day but struggle in the evening when battery is low
If I were you I would wait a bit and see what is coming in the next months in the middle price segment because T is would not be my first choice ( bought it because of the price as well and the bad camera in the moto g and missing sd slot) BTW what bugs me most is this unbelievably tiny notification led... Had an XPERIA S and that one you could actually see from all perspectives, the one from XT I'd hardly to notice when looking at it directly... :'( why the hell Sony
The Following User Says Thank You to pieceofphil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofphil

Talking about battery life on screen time is about 4-4:30 hours with normal behaviour I'm getting through the day but struggle in the evening when battery is low
If I were you I would wait a bit and see what is coming in the next months in the middle price segment because T is would not be my first choice ( bought it because of the price as well and the bad camera in the moto g and missing sd slot) BTW what bugs me most is this unbelievably tiny notification led... Had an XPERIA S and that one you could actually see from all perspectives, the one from XT I'd hardly to notice when looking at it directly... :'( why the hell Sony

i cant wait much longer as my spare phone right now is a DUMBphone ... cant stay too long without android
about the notifications..well one can always use a active display app (dynamic notifications is pretty good) or well omni rom
7th March 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 58

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyge

well i lost my xperia zl and need a new primary phone quite urgently...cant decide between xperia t and sp (yes in a bit of tight budget)

what am basically after right now is the display and battery life...also how does the xperia t perform as compared to sp ..is it very noticable? (tbh i would prefer a little low graphic detail than overheating and throttling)

my pros for t :

Roms i like are available :P
way better deign
cheaper

worries about t:

performance
battery

any suggestion is appreciated

My opinion is that T is a better phone than SP even though SP has a higher battery and slightly higher processor.

The T has a much better build quality than the SP and the design of T makes it easier to hold and use than SP.

SP does have the nice illumination bar but then it could be too bright at night or even stand out too much in a office environment, where the subtle notification led of T is better. I also hated the size at first but when you get used to the phone, you know which spot you need to focus on to see if it is blinking.

Performance might differ to individuals as it is dependant on how many apps you have.

Battery wise, I've gone from 100% to 0% in just over 4 hours with constant screen on usage on varying phone signals (being on train...).

One issue with my T is that others do not hear me well on the other end if I speak softly and I've narrowed it down to the actual microphone on phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ruwsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

342 posts
More
Thanks Guys
ive placed my order for the T ...should get my device in a week
7th March 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 14

79 posts
Good choice going for T. It's a well rounded device. I have it for over an year now and had no major problems with it.
7th March 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyge

Thanks Guys
ive placed my order for the T ...should get my device in a week

Xperia TX

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread