Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6800/p6810/i815(16Aug2014)SlimKat build 7.2.1 Unofficial

Tip us?

daniel_hk
Old
(Last edited by daniel_hk; 16th August 2014 at 12:25 PM.) Reason: Slimkat 6.2 release
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2278

DONATE TO ME
Talking [ROM][4.4.4r2]p6800/p6810/i815(16Aug2014)SlimKat build 7.2.1 Unofficial

SlimKat was one of the first few released right after the Official Kitkat released. As its name implied, it has the smallest footprint and yet it has some of the cool stuff. I plan to port it for a long time. Although there are still issues in my Kitkat roms, I want to add this to our list. Enjoy!
*** Slimrom is rooted, in any case if root is lost, follow this ***
*** To disable media scanning: Settings > Advanced Options ***

Release Note:
2014/8/16
Slim is now 7.2.1. In this build, I add the performance settings to advance settings. In GPU settings, a new option Mali_use_vpll is added. This enables the frequency lock of mali and is the way to add frequency steps. Stock is disabled. Turn it off will return to stock values.
goo.im takes a few minutes to show and I can't display the files in AFH. I don't know why hosts always give me hard time...

2014/7/8
Just before the WC Semi-final, I updated SlimKat to 4.4.4r1. Haven't test much but SlimKat behaves slim and stable as always.
 History

2014/5/16
Slimrom is persistance. I was thinking about 4.4.3 but seems a bit too far.. Slimkat is version 5.1 now!
In this build, I fixed the Dashclock from Slim. I mainly worked on the missing pieces of i815. Light sensor is fixed. i815 can enjoy auto-brightness now! Working on mobiledata but with little progess.. IR is enabled in kernel. Can't find any material for IR support in platform but Smart IR Remote is working. Smart IR Remote is a great app. It deserve a few dollars!
Guess what? IR works for p6800 and most likely p6810 too! I remove the cover of my p6800 and IR works perfectly with Smart IR Remote. I can control my TV...
Anyone have guts can remove the cover and drill a hole at the right center edge...
Note: Not every p68x0 has the sensor. Open the cover with screen facing down. If you see a board with a tiny led (that's the sensor) at the center of left edge, congrat you got the sensor!

2014/4/25
This Slimkat 4.6 would be probably the last one from Slim. HWA for openGL is enabled. Camera and Maps are working now. DeskClock widget FC is fixed by porting from Omni.

2014/4/4
That was a productive week. After a few sleepless night trials, the rotation flickering is fixed! There was actually two issues. Rotation on some apks like the browser cause screen deformation is another. Digging through tens of files, I finally fixed it! Slim is now 4.1. Just like other Kitkat ROMs, it is almost come to an end. I'm glad to say: All the major issues are gone now!

2014/3/1
Bluez may take some time to become stable. PA is in beta6 not complete yet. PAC has beta now but not allow to publish. This weekend, I prepare the device trees for SlimKat. They have done a good jod, everything is ready in an hour. Just patched a few things like WiFi and telephony and the rom is out!
AFH may take longer to upload...

Change log:
Code:
Official Slim Change log
2014/8/16
  - Latest SlimKat build 7.2.1 source
  - Android 4.4.4r2 KTU84Q
  - add performance settings in advance settings
  - bluetooth update from Bluez
2014/7/8
  - Latest SlimKat build 6.2 source
  - Android 4.4.4r1 KTU84P
2014/5/16
  - Latest SlimKat build 5.1 source
  - i815: light sensor fixed
  - IR kernel driver fixed. Support apks with direct access (eg. Smart IR Remote)
  - DashClock widget from Slim is fixed
  - Bluetooth update from Bluez
2014/4/25
  - Latest SlimKat build 4.6 source
  - HWA for OpenGL is enabled
  - Bluetooth update from Bluez
  - Lockscreen rotation fixed
  - Clock widget FC fixed
2014/4/4
  - Latest SlimKat build 4.1 source
  - Rotation issues are fixed
  - New slim recent menu
  - Screencapture also fixed
  - Bluetooth headset is working now
2014/3/1
  - Latest SlimKat build 3.2 source
  - Android 4.4.2r2 KVT49L
  - Initial release
  - Rooted
Know issues:
1. Few apks (eg. Browser) would distort after rotation
2. HDMI dongle not working.
3. mobiledata for i815 not working

Downloads:
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/slimrom
AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12535
mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjHFbqP#dir/path=%2Fslimrom

Slim gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...1150-addons4-4

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source:
kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits:
** The SlimROM team who keeps many old devices alive!
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." - Edward Everett Hale
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sheenl1996
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'll try at night

Thank you !!

Cheers \O/

Enviado de meu GT-P6800 usando Tapatalk

sarabellel@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi

i download the file but cannot be processed its ok in the desktop put in the p6800 its unreadable.

deani77
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Wow... New ROM

Sent from P6800 powered by OmniROM 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 running [ROM] [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta - Mako and [KERNEL] moob
Samsung Nexus S running [ROM] [4.4.2] Official Cyanogenmod - CM11
P6800 running [ROM][AOSPA4.2.2r1][p6800/p6810/i815](12JUN2013)ParanoidAndroid 3.60 HALO
Farewell to my SE Xperia X8 running nAa Kernel and MiniCM
Garmin GPS user

Fluxcore
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Oh well Installed with AIO gapps . I did a format and clean before and then tryed to boot , no go .
Then I rebooted , did another format and clean and it booted OK .
So far so good , 1st boot ! W00P 😀

ngoonee
Old
(Last edited by ngoonee; 2nd March 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Just installed it with the AIO and its working. Just had to install supersu from Play and I'm off and running restoring everything. Will report back after a couple of days usage. Thanks danielhk!

gokboru09
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tnx for rom but workıng telephone AND BLUETOOTH handset???

ngoonee
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokboru09 View Post
tnx for rom but workıng telephone AND BLUETOOTH handset???
My telephony is working for making calls (too early to ask anyone to call me), but bluetooth headset not working (yet). Its working for media playback, ironically, just not for phone calls.

I've tested my primary use cases, everything seems to work, including wifi tethering (thanks danielhk and vaka!). Yay, Kit-Kat!
The Following User Says Thank You to ngoonee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gokboru09
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tnx guys downloadıng...

golfinggino
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Playstore keeps crashing and Bluetooth still not working just went back to omni ROM for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app