Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life

Tip us?

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Battery Life

Eh, what kind of battery life is everyone getting.. I Fully charged mine today, made a few test calls but didn't' talk, after about 3 hrs it needed recharging.. Bluetooth is off, Wifi is on, and 3g data is on...

On 1900 USA StraightTalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 2nd March 2014 at 01:13 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
There are tons of factors that will affect battery life. Thing like;

Signal quality (as a former repair tech, I've seen poor single kill a battery in a matter of hours on multiple phones +200hr standby phones)
Apps running in the background (Skype + Facebook kills my wife's 10day standby phone in less than 12hrs),
Apps syncing (Gmail and other apps are set by default to constantly sync)
Shake Screen On apps force phones to never sleep and on the TS it runs at 1GHz with both cores at all times with any screen on apps I've tried.

On my bench tests I get about 20hrs of standby with cellular on with G+, GMail, Hangouts, Drive, Calender, Keep, Now, Picasa, Google Voice left alone to sync as they please. This also includes a baby activity tracker that syncs over 4000 entries every hour.

EDIT
Reread and noticed you had WiFi AND cellular on. If wifi is on but not connected to a network it constantly scans for networks which kills a battery. The same goes for cellular.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I turned off WiFi seems to be lasting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
The EnSec Patch helps reduce the wifi battery drain issue by scanning every 300 seconds vs every 15. The patch or properly rooting your device is strongly suggested anyways.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server