Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Battery Life

2nd March 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Eh, what kind of battery life is everyone getting.. I Fully charged mine today, made a few test calls but didn't' talk, after about 3 hrs it needed recharging.. Bluetooth is off, Wifi is on, and 3g data is on...

On 1900 USA StraightTalk
2nd March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,276

2,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are tons of factors that will affect battery life. Thing like;

Signal quality (as a former repair tech, I've seen poor single kill a battery in a matter of hours on multiple phones +200hr standby phones)
Apps running in the background (Skype + Facebook kills my wife's 10day standby phone in less than 12hrs),
Apps syncing (Gmail and other apps are set by default to constantly sync)
Shake Screen On apps force phones to never sleep and on the TS it runs at 1GHz with both cores at all times with any screen on apps I've tried.

On my bench tests I get about 20hrs of standby with cellular on with G+, GMail, Hangouts, Drive, Calender, Keep, Now, Picasa, Google Voice left alone to sync as they please. This also includes a baby activity tracker that syncs over 4000 entries every hour.

EDIT
Reread and noticed you had WiFi AND cellular on. If wifi is on but not connected to a network it constantly scans for networks which kills a battery. The same goes for cellular.
Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 2nd March 2014 at 01:13 AM.
2nd March 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
I turned off WiFi seems to be lasting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app
2nd March 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,276

2,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
The EnSec Patch helps reduce the wifi battery drain issue by scanning every 300 seconds vs every 15. The patch or properly rooting your device is strongly suggested anyways.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread