Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I would like to ask about 4.4

Tip us?

Nicknakin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I would like to ask about 4.4

There is to my knowledge a 4.4.2 rom out, though it's only available for the non AT&T brand s4 active due to the lack of a bootloader, unless I read it wrong which I may have due to being a bit tired. I know that there is safestrap for AT&T because I have it and have been able to relocate the post, so could someone perhaps explain to me the full issue? I'm fairly knowledgeable to a bit of all this but I'd hardly call myself experienced. Don't feel the need to speak to me as if I were five though, if worse comes to worse I'll ask you to elaborate

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknakin View Post
There is to my knowledge a 4.4.2 rom out, though it's only available for the non AT&T brand s4 active due to the lack of a bootloader, unless I read it wrong which I may have due to being a bit tired. I know that there is safestrap for AT&T because I have it and have been able to relocate the post, so could someone perhaps explain to me the full issue? I'm fairly knowledgeable to a bit of all this but I'd hardly call myself experienced. Don't feel the need to speak to me as if I were five though, if worse comes to worse I'll ask you to elaborate
The issue is that the i537 has a locked bootloader. The bootloader checks the signature of the kernel, so if the signatures don't match, the flash of the new kernel will fail. All of these pieces have been signed by Samsung, so without their key there's nothing we can do. The i9295 does not have this restriction so the can flash anything they want.