Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to connect external hard drive to my Z Ultra

Tip us?
 
iLilDark
Old
#1  
iLilDark's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid

 
DONATE TO ME
Default How to connect external hard drive to my Z Ultra

I was trying to connect my 1TB external hard drive to my Z Ultra using the USB OTG, but I keep getting this message:
"USB storage empty or file system not supported"

Any way I could connect it without rooting the phone?

If it's impossible then please give me a link of the fastest way to root my phone (v 4.3 build number 14.2.A.1.136)


Thanks


Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers premium
 
blueether
Old
#2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 919
Posts: 2,295
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark View Post
I was trying to connect my 1TB external hard drive to my Z Ultra using the USB OTG, but I keep getting this message:
"USB storage empty or file system not supported"

Any way I could connect it without rooting the phone?

If it's impossible then please give me a link of the fastest way to root my phone (v 4.3 build number 14.2.A.1.136)


Thanks


Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers premium
What format is the external drive?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel
 
iLilDark
Old
#3  
iLilDark's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
What format is the external drive?
NTFS
 
Xperia Z ultra issues
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Default Try some app dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark View Post
NTFS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer

There might be others if this doesnt work or you need to be rooted for most of the apps to work.
As far as I know Xperia Z ultra supports Usb OTG out of the box
 
iLilDark
Old
#5  
iLilDark's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia Z ultra issues View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer

There might be others if this doesnt work or you need to be rooted for most of the apps to work.
As far as I know Xperia Z ultra supports Usb OTG out of the box
i tried it but unfortunately it didn't work eaither, any way i could root my phone without unlocking the bootloader? ( 14.2.A.1.136 )
thanks
 
blueether
Old
#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 919
Posts: 2,295
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark View Post
i tried it but unfortunately it didn't work eaither, any way i could root my phone without unlocking the bootloader? ( 14.2.A.1.136 )
thanks
can you stop asking the same question in multiple threads, and READ
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SpyderTracks
Old
#7  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 2,882
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
can you stop asking the same question in multiple threads, and READ
Amen brother :thumbup:

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more