Some of those ideas are mine and others have been suggested by other users.
So if you'd like to add something more feel free to comment this post. Or just to say thanks
If something doesn't work write it here and I gonna try to fix it
Screenshots of the app in the attachments
[ TO ROM DEVELOPER ] If you would like to include the app in your ROM, do it. No problem at all. The only thing I ask is you write me (PM,email) the link of your ROM. That's all
If something doesn't work, before going crazy and cursing me, my suggestions are:
1. clean the app's data from the android application menu and then check if the problem is still there.
2. If it's still there, reinstall the app, clean the app's data and check again.
If the above methods haven't resolved the problem, write it here or send me an meail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the problems in uploading files here , I'll use my mediafire directory for now on: link to directory
- (add) Non-compatible devices: deep sleep info NOW available
- (add) idle states: more infos (and improved the activity core)
- (add) idle states: added buttons to refresh, reset and set timers
- (fix) refresh button won't delete the timer if "cable option" is disabled
- (fix) other 4 bugs you reported
- (fix) bug on changelog
- (fix) issue on the unplugging event
- (fix) update languages translation
- (fix) don't delete settings on updates
- code lightening
0.5.51 downloadOther changelogs:
- (fix) FC changing UI layout
- (add) root read function of the time in state file (if it exists it'll be read for sure)
- (add-request) "idle states" infos
- (add) button long press show quick explanation
- (add) sending of error reports can be disabled
- (fix) better spacing of layout buttons
- (fix) CN and TW strings
- (fix) FC on some devices
- (fix) random FC in Settings and Test activity
- (fix) rare bugs in logging messages
- (add) milliseconds can be showed in the state rows
- (add) option to show millisecods: Preferences -> Layout Option
- (add) States percentage: you can now choose the number of digits in floating point
- (add) option to choose digits: 0, 1 or 2 (Preferences -> Layout Option)
- (fix) some german strings
- (fix) read of TIME_IN_STATE file for some (unsupported) devices
- (fix) rare android bug about swipe content on some 2.3.x devices
- (fix) crash log message in Settings
- (fix) crash log message in 'CPU Files'
- (fix) arrow in 'unused states' header
- Added Simplified and Traditional Chinese Language
- bugfix: 'deep sleep' row with timer setted
- bugfix: 'set timer' function on some devices
- fixed xda link in preferences
- Swipe gestures: horizontal swipe to show the most used settings
- Swipe features is disabled by default
- Added graphical explanation of the new feature usage (only first start)
- bugfix 'current freq' function for some devices
- bugfix of 'deep sleep' row with timer setted
- languages bugfix
- huge code improvements
- Bugfix of states update on some devices
- Changelog showed on each new installation
- Changelog can also be seen through settings
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the last changes and to avoid inconsistent-wrong results, all the settings has been reset to their defaults. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Inverted behaviour of 'Deep Sleep" row: now it's activated by default. You can disable it through settings
- Added option to see the current CPU frequency in the 'CPU Info' tab of main layout: enable it through 'CPU and Kernel' in settings
- Improved the 'Test App' function
- added german language (thanks to [user_99])
- deep sleep state disabled by default (will be reversed in the next release)
- now app can be moved to sd
- fixed "cable option" in settings
- fixed italian language
- Added italian language
- Added notification alert to send a report in case of error
- simplified how the app reads files from file system. this should solve read problems on some devices
- added activity "App Test", its menu item and an alert when no states are found; the test tries to execute all the file reads necessary to the app
- Added 'mail 2 developer' option in settings.
- Added 'XDA forum thread' in settings.
- little code improvements
- Fixed bug on "CPU Files" activity
- due to some reports from my friends, all with a stock S2, I've changed how the app update the CPU Infos in the main layout.
v0.5.19 beta Donwload and source code in the attachments
- Removed the connection related functions (and datas).
- Changed preferences layout organization.
- Added option to hide both "Cpu Info" and "Kernel Info" layouts. The hidden information are available through the "Misc Info" option when menu button is pressed.
- You can now choose the percetage value to hide more states.
- Changed "Disable cable events" in "Enable cable events"
- Added remaining audio to preference elements
v0.5.18 beta Donwload HERE
- fixed random crash related to cable (un)plugging
- fixed computing the wifi values of timer section
- added some more messages for a better inspection of the log file
v0.5.17 beta Donwload HERE
- fixed "information" page crash
v0.5.16 beta Donwload HERE
- added email contact (email@example.com) in the Information page
- added more log messages to the charger handler
- each new installation/update the timer and connection variables will be deleted
v0.5.15 beta Download HERE
v0.5.14 beta Donwload HERE
- introduced the option that let the app create a logfile
- It's possible to choose in preference the theme with buttons or the orginal one.
v0.5.13 beta Download HERE
v0.5.12 beta Download HERE
- fixed layout apparence when time_in_state file doesn't exist
- fixed bug of "memory" lost (thanks to hawkerpaul)
- fixed behaviour on cable discharging when battery level is equals to 100%
- fixed disabling of cable events
- different (dis)enabling option for audio of main and preference layout. Screenshots: 1, 2
- fixed bug of "memory" lost (thanks to hawkerpaul)
- Added option in Preference to enable/disable UI sounds
- Download HERE (today the upload of files doesn't work, at least for me )
v0.5.10 beta Downlaod here.
Screenshots: 1, 2, 3.
- (!) changed the algorithm that reacts to charger (un)plugging (!)
- restyling of UI: added 4 buttons. See "Information" for a little description of what they do. Removed the corresponding items from menu list.
- added expandible menu to "Less than 1% usage states" header
- added ui sounds
- fixed wrong warning about connection values
- added icons for the menu items ( not visibles on ICS ). Screenshot here.
- smarter "Show/Hide 1% used stats" menu item: show only "Show <1% states" and "Hide <1% states", in respect of the relative option/status
- all headers are now expandible (coming soon the option in preference to hide them)
- added, at the bottom of the main layout, the header showing if "Connection Events" are activated
- For a better understanding:
- Changed "Disable Cable Events" preference in "Disable Charger Events"
- Changed "Timer Activating Threshold" in "Minimum battery level for reset"
- Changed "Cpus Files" in "CPU Files"
- "All states <1%" can be hidden/shown by clicking the header "Time In State"
- "All states <1%" can be shown on top or bottom of the bar graph through the setting in the preference.
- removed submenu of "Less than 1% usage states (i.e. ecc)" because redundant.
- added link to this thread in the Information View
- added "All states <1%" row in the bar graph view indacating the total time of those freqs under the 1% of total usage. It's visible only when states<1% are hided.
- added minimum cpu infos:
- "Freq range" shows the min-max freqs values your kenerl support;
- "Scaling range" shows the min-max freqs your governor is using;
- "Governor"... well you know, it shows the running governor
- fixed bug of overload connection timer values (at least I hope so)
- fixed strange reaction to cable events
- drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
- corrected the "information" strings
- bugfix about wifi connection timer usage (at least I hope so)
- Added a warning near connection usage in case of inconsistent values
- Added a "Show information" in the settings
- Added a layout "information"
Comulative Previous Changelog
- added connection usage stats, both "total" and "since reset" ones
- it's possibile to hide this stats by clicking in the relative black header bar ( for example where it says "Total Statistics" )
- added 3 more option in the settings menu:
- Disable Cable Events: if checked (un)plugging the cable doesn't affect the timer
- Disable Connection Events: if checked the app doesn't store the connection usage
- Delete Conn Vars: if clicked connection usage stats will be erased
- removed the "On/Off Listen Batt Events" option menu
- when phone shutdown/restart timer and connection datas are deleted
- added confirmation alertbox to the "Delete Connection Datas" preference
- Removed "Restart" menu option because it's not useful anymore
- Added the total state time and relative %age of the "less than 1%" freqs
- It's now possible to choose the min value to activate the timer when a cable is unplugged. If the threshold is 0% the timer is restored anytime the cable is unplugged.
- when cable is plugged-in the timer is deleted
- Added "Cpu Files" menu item to see the content of the files: time_in_state and affected_cups.
If it's say that the two files doesn't exist for the cpu1 it means that the 2nd core has been switched off and the concerning files have been deleted.