Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Surface Pro Restarts on Sleep

Tip us?

takawira
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default My Surface Pro Restarts on Sleep

I have the SP 1st Gen. This is my second SP, after I returned the 1st one which was crushing all the time. The new one is working as expected, until it sleeps. Every time I let it sleep and then come back to work on it (say 2 hours later), I always have to log in and start from scratch because, alas, instead of sleeping the SP was actually off (I let the SP sleep in one of 3 ways (1) let it sit there on battery and it eventually sleeps, (2) close the Type Cover, (3) press the power button. I set my battery profile to hibernate after pressing power button or after a set number of minutes). No matter what method of sleeping, I find that all my programs have been closed, Word or Powerpoint have some "recovered" documents, etc. I have about 14GB free space at the moment and I'd assume that there is enough space to hibernate, but that apparently isn't happening. All my updates are current. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

LagunaCid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by takawira View Post
I have the SP 1st Gen. This is my second SP, after I returned the 1st one which was crushing all the time. The new one is working as expected, until it sleeps. Every time I let it sleep and then come back to work on it (say 2 hours later), I always have to log in and start from scratch because, alas, instead of sleeping the SP was actually off (I let the SP sleep in one of 3 ways (1) let it sit there on battery and it eventually sleeps, (2) close the Type Cover, (3) press the power button. I set my battery profile to hibernate after pressing power button or after a set number of minutes). No matter what method of sleeping, I find that all my programs have been closed, Word or Powerpoint have some "recovered" documents, etc. I have about 14GB free space at the moment and I'd assume that there is enough space to hibernate, but that apparently isn't happening. All my updates are current. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I had a similar problem, that went away once I just disabled hibernate completely. Just use sleep, it barely uses battery and doesn't crash all the time.