Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this normal RAM usage?

Tip us?

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Default Is this normal RAM usage?

Hello,

I just got my T-Mobile G2 a couple of days ago. I don't have a lot of experience yet but I'm curious if this is the normal RAM usage vs availability. If so do you have any problems running high end games, apps, etc? I am presently on 4.4.2. I have used Titanium Backup to freeze a lot of system apps. This just seems like it could be an issue. I also use Greenify to hibernate some apps as well. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393722428220.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2608512  
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
I would love to get an expert answer on this. I recently changed it PAC Man Rom and now it appears I have even less available memory. I'm not noticing any lag or anything but it just bugs me. I added up everything cached and running and it totalled like 364mb not even half a gig of ram. This phone has 2GB of ram. So I dunno just seems weird to me. I guess as long as it's not all laggy then that's what matters.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394154244533.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2617507  
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,440
Yes that's normal use I usually have around 300-400 mb ram and another note that everyone makes unused ram is useless ram

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

staticx57
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Yes that's normal use I usually have around 300-400 mb ram and another note that everyone makes unused ram is useless ram

What good is the RAM if you don't use it?
LG G2 VS980
TWRP
XDABBEB G2

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:

I guess my confusion is what happens if I've got 400 mb of ram and I go to play GTA San Andreas... Lol. Will it pull it off? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Hung0702
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:

Yeah, the more RAM used the better. I'm using PA3.99RC2 with a kernel (I forget where I got it; just says d800 custom 5 cm) that doesn't use enough RAM. I always have 700-800MB free. I don't know what sysctl changes I can make to increase RAM use. I hope my phone isn't using a swap on its slow mobile phone NAND .

coowkeee
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You can use Greenify which now doesn't require root. You can disable apps/system apps running on background that you don't use.

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by coowkeee View Post
You can use Greenify which now doesn't require root. You can disable apps/system apps running on background that you don't use.
I have Greenify. But nevertheless I played Riptide GP2 earlier with full graphics. Smooth as butter. Good enough for me. :thumbup: