Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 46,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

curious about a few things

Tip us?

poopet22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question curious about a few things

So I'm kinda a newbie to flashing ROMs I just got a galaxy s4 back in November and the official kit kat update killed my expirence with the s4 so I got a refurbished s4 with mk2 baseband and from what I've read the bootloader was locked. I'm on sprint but I've been flashing away like no tomorrow and yes I've been making nandroid backups and everything incase something goes wrong. (I've soft bricked my phone 4 times) but I'm just curious on how to get back to my stock mk2 rom? I've tried restoring my backup from twrp and can't get it to boot it just get stuck in a bootloop. Any help would be really nice.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,243
Quote:
how to get back to my stock mk2 rom?
Use the MK2 tar found in these forums.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

poopet22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Use the MK2 tar found in these forums.
Thing is I only have access to my phone. I don't have a PC I use my phone and my gfs phone to do stuff. Is there anyway to download a flashable zip and install through twrp

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopet22 View Post
Thing is I only have access to my phone. I don't have a PC I use my phone and my gfs phone to do stuff. Is there anyway to download a flashable zip and install through twrp
If you REALLY want a complete wiped stock phone you'll need a PC (or Mac if you use Heimdall).
If you want to try something (with NO garuantees that'll work and not brick your phone!) you can try Mobile Odin Pro. It'll flash .tars BUT it will not flash the modem. And, like I said it may not work or worse.
So...
Find a PC, download PC Odin 3.07 (or 3.09), Downlaod the tar. Run Odin as administrator and then flash phone. DONE.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.