Help with my Xperia Z1 (MHL Related)

OP geordiedan1892

1st March 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Hi all,
At a loose end here and hope you guys can give me a few pointers as to where I've went wrong.
Just got my Z1 to connect to my AppRadio 2 for full control via AppRadio unchained or ARLiberator and ive had no issues with my old HTC Evo 3d.
But in order to get ARLiberator and or unchained working I needed to root my device for superuser control.
Anyways I plugged the Z1 into my radio before I rooted and it detected no problem.
I then unlocked bootloader, installed DoomKernel recovery and installed superuser.
after that I plugged my mhl in once again but appradio wont even detect the phone apart from Bluetooth..
Is the way forward a custom rom? Different Kernel? maybe the kernel doesn't support mhl?
Just clutching at straws here so any help and advice would be great as i'm climbing the walls here!
Thanks!!!
1st March 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Newcastle upon Tyne

20 posts
Bit of an update. I have tried plugging into the tv and still nothing.
Apparently MHL is supposed to pop up on the status bar? that's not happening either..
only thing its doing is charging.
2nd March 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Newcastle upon Tyne

20 posts
Never mind I got it sorted.
problem was I think that the bootloader was still unlocked.
problem I had tho after relocking it was the phone wouldn't boot and was stuck in a loop.
To solve this flashed a complete stock, booted no problem but I lost my network in the process.
I then updated through sony and got everything working fine.
after that I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572988
and got it rooted. fantastic guide!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
appradio2, mhl, root and unlock, sony xperia z1
Previous Thread Next Thread