Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] at&t NOTE 3 4.4.2 (nc2) root?

Tip us?

vulcanraven6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] at&t NOTE 3 4.4.2 (nc2) root?

I have the GN3 for AT&T. I received the 4.4.2 (NC2) update a week ago and my phone is stock . All I want to do is root . I don't care about the warranty. I've seen a couple of methods that supposedly work but has anyone successfully got it done and actually retained root access? Or is this a wait it out situation. Thankss.

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 146
I don't think there is a root method for nc2 yet sorry

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

lawalty
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I'm with about 95% of Note 3 owners from AT&T patiently waiting for some root solution for our recent OTA update to NC2.

Like the movie Mad Max world, there's a lot of barrenness out there. There is no root on the horizon.

I read of rumors how other NC2 variants have achieved root, however with our "locked" bootloader, we're very very limited.

I know with our NC2 update, it "updated" our already locked bootloader to some monstrosity that won't alow a roll back.

We practically STUCK! The few root options we had prior to the update, that didn't trip the KNOX flag, are non - existent right now, and who knows if they will ever will be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Peace be with you!

Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Watch: FitBIt Force

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 146
This is a very popular device I'd wager someone will come out with a boot loader hijack eventually... If/when this happens we Will have full access to the system. But as far as root is concerned I'm sure it will arrive in time. My RAZR m is not a popular flagship device and it recently finally achieved root.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrkhigh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vulcanraven6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah it appears that way. It just sucks that I put the update on my phone and it totally wasn't worth it I should have just kept 4.3 then I wouldn't have this problem. I'm going to keep looking and possibly try a few methods hopefully something will turn up soon.. let me know if you find anything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregko1980
Old
(Last edited by gregko1980; 26th April 2014 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
This "no root" situation is very frustrating and makes the Note 3 useless to me. Just wanted to enter it into the "Smash the Past" contest to possibly win the new OnePlus One phone instead (http://oneplus.net/smash). Would so gladly shoot it through with an arrow from my hunting bow. No, I'm not a hunter, just enjoy target practice from time to time, and shooting this one would improve my aim accuracy for sure! Unfortunately will be out of country in the critical period. Darn! Anyone else would gladly smash the AT&T Note 3, if given a chance of getting another similar phone?

Greg
Check my Android apps on Google Play:

iBowToAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregko1980 View Post
This "no root" situation is very frustrating and makes the Note 3 useless to me. Just wanted to enter it into the "Smash the Past" contest to possibly win the new OnePlus One phone instead (http://oneplus.net/smash). Would so gladly shoot it through with an arrow from my hunting bow. No, I'm not a hunter, just enjoy target practice from time to time, and shooting this one would improve my aim accuracy for sure! Unfortunately will be out of country in the critical period. Darn! Anyone else would gladly smash the AT&T Note 3, if given a chance of getting another similar phone?

Greg
So dumb.

Why would you break a $700 phone for a CHANCE to win a phone that costs $300..? That makes no sense even if you were guaranteed one for breaking the Note.

How about selling the Note and use the proceeds to just buy a One, and have money left over?
ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
m7spr (stock rooted)
manta (stock rooted)
Follow me on Twitter
Email/Hangouts
Google+
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregko1980
Old
(Last edited by gregko1980; 26th April 2014 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
So dumb.

Why would you break a $700 phone for a CHANCE to win a phone that costs $300..? That makes no sense even if you were guaranteed one for breaking the Note.

How about selling the Note and use the proceeds to just buy a One, and have money left over?
It's just the frustration factor for me Would feel so good after all this trouble! I don't think I can sell it as is, I'm on a leaked KitKat version (MLG) with bootloader updated to the latest version, so I can't downgrade, and can't even upgrade to the official KitKat (when I would feel good about selling it). The actual "smash" part in the context comes only when you were selected/drawn to get the $1 OnePlus. But given that they provide you with a 16 GB memory only and there is no possibility to insert an SD card, the OnePlus in this particular configuration would be useless to me. Anyway, enough rambling. If someone hears about even a remote possibility to root this system, please post in this thread, seems like the most logical place to post such news.

Greg
Check my Android apps on Google Play:

bravomail
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Default kindle fire hdx is also very popular

so what?
gotta write petition to your congressman about AT&T+Samsung violating cellphone unlock law.
Author of Nostalgia 8 for ATT SGS3, 1.5, 2.3 and 4.0.4 ICS ROMs for Samsung Captivate. ROM and APK compressor.
The Following User Says Thank You to bravomail For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iBowToAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregko1980 View Post
It's just the frustration factor for me Would feel so good after all this trouble! I don't think I can sell it as is, I'm on a leaked KitKat version (MLG) with bootloader updated to the latest version, so I can't downgrade, and can't even upgrade to the official KitKat (when I would feel good about selling it). The actual "smash" part in the context comes only when you were selected/drawn to get the $1 OnePlus. But given that they provide you with a 16 GB memory only and there is no possibility to insert an SD card, the OnePlus in this particular configuration would be useless to me. Anyway, enough rambling. If someone hears about even a remote possibility to root this system, please post in this thread, seems like the most logical place to post such news.

Greg
It doesn't matter what bootloader/ROM combo you have, you can always Odin back to stock, as long as you're not trying to go backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravomail View Post
so what?
gotta write petition to your congressman about AT&T+Samsung violating cellphone unlock law.
They're not violating anything...
ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
m7spr (stock rooted)
manta (stock rooted)
Follow me on Twitter
Email/Hangouts
Google+

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe